PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Ok...be honest...of all the tobacco blends out there on the market today..is there a blend that relly meets the smell and taste that you like?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My favourite blend is Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice. The blend which most tastes like the tin note though that I've had would have to be MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Loose Cut.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Any strong English blend I love. There are a few non-aromatics that I like as well (MB Golden Extra for example). As for aromatics, there is a small handful that I think are really good too.
So yes! There are actually quite a few that meet my "smell and taste" needs! :D

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Every blend I continue to smoke does, or I wouldn't reorder it. Mac Baren Club Blend probably tops my list, but there are many more.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Why would anyone continue to smoke a pipe for years if they have not found a tobacco that they like the taste of?

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
My specials blends are 1Q, Anniversary Kake and Night Cap.

Since I'm not looking for special spcial above 3 blends are more than enought for me.

All day are SAFE. Let's go Dodgers. Win Nr. 2.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
What assaad said!
I'm baffled by the question. . . Is the OP suggesting that we're all putting up with things we don't like, even as we continue the search for something enjoyable? I hope that's not his own situation; why even bother smoking a pipe if you're not enjoying the experience?
And, for the record, I've found over 80 blends that I really enjoy the taste and smell of. . .
Bob

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Variety is the spice of life, and I believe there has never been so much variety in pipe tobacco blends as there is nowadays.
I also find the taste of a tobacco mixture that wasn’t so great at first can grow on you as you smoke through the tin or pouch, conversely, the opposite can also occur.
Dot

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
While there ARE several that come pretty close in one way or another (and which I smoke a great deal of), I am one who's on a Holy Grail search ...
These, in one order or another, are the blends I like best and smoke the most of ...

4noggins Prairie Wind

GLPease Telegraph Hill

Cornell and Diehl Bayou Morning

Dunhill Elizabethan
Of course, there ARE at least a dozen others that are in my regular rotation because as dottiewarden noted, variety is the spice of life ...

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Right now my "go to" blend is OVTC "Gettysburg" which is a Virginia/Black Cavendish blend. A little on the mild side but I find it full of flavor with a very pleasant aroma.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Everything that I've tried so far really sucks, so I keep buying more.
_MG_9935-vi.jpg

filecabtab-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.