PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
You need to tell your wife that all the serious smokers out there have a pipe for every blend and have cellars overflowing with blends. In order for you to be a serious smoker, you have to start accumulating more blends and hence more pipes.puffy

Trust me, my logic is flawless on this.

:ROFLMAO:

Once in a while I’ll mention something about the forum to my wife, and I call you guys “my friends on the internet” like “Yep, just got this pipe from one of my friends on the internet “?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Some blends taste better in a certain shaped pipe but apart from that .......
I don't smoke goopy aromatics and I don't build cake in my pipes so ghosting isn't an issue.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I would like to offer the opinion that ghosting doesn't matter unless you have smoked one of those rare tobaccos that are really pervasive (Samuel Gawith Grousemoor, for example). Most ghosts usually only lasts for a part of the bowl, and burning the new tobacco "cleans" it out, so to speak. If I notice a ghost, I just enjoy the experience while it lasts.

I suppose if you were offering reviews, or if you only had one bowl worth of the new tobacco, it would matter, but otherwise, I take an it is what it is attitude.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
See if you like cobs. Many do, not all. If so, you can have a lot of dedicated pipes and play. When you figure out what's good for you, they clean up pretty well with alcohol, hot water, and sunshine.

I have the bottoms of a bunch of cardboard boxes fit into the drawers of my toolbox so that they stay put. Each holds a certain tool. I don't care how it looks, but I want to be able to find them.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I don't have alot of pipes, so here is what I have going on:
-1 cob for Aromatics
-1 cob and 1 briar for anything with latakia
-2 briars for Virginias/vapers/burleys

Once I start getting into Va/Ors I'm not sure what I'll do. Might just have to justify buying another briar

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I have two dedicated pipes. One for English and one for Virginia. This is actually because the respective tobacco performs best in the respective pipe. Every other pipe I have is not dedicated. I'll smoke anything in them. I don't go to the dedicated English pipe whenever i want to smoke an English blend, but I go to an English blend when i want to smoke that pipe. Same goes for the Virginia pipe.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I have too many pipes
No, no, no, there's no such thing as "too many pipes".
I've got around 30 pipes in my rotation and a heap more in reserve. Some are sold at my local tobacconist. Others are gifted to friends.

It's far better to have more than enough pipes rather than insufficient.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :LOL: