PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnian3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2015
Illinois
In the age of Covid, we must always weigh the risks to meet or not to meet. As the acting president of the CPCC we have had to cancel meetings as the disease dictates. If and when possible, with reasonable social distancing, I encourage y'all to meet.
Smoking is a can be a pastime of solitude but it is also social. Smoke, and be social but be safe as well.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
If the venue is outside, then I’d take the chance. I’d still maintain some distance. Inside...nope. Being an RN, I work with Covid patients all the time. A trend as to how the patients recount the possible transmission of the ? is that they went to a family function, And let their guard down. Some get Covid and walk around without a care...asymptomatic . Others get it and they are vented in the ICU on deaths door in a matter of hours. The point is ya never know who has the virus. And a reason we should all be vigilant is not only can we protect ourselves, but it helps protect others as well. I enjoy our seniors and want to keep them around as long as possible most of the time.
Also, I use the whole RN/COVID thing to get out of family get togethers that would annoy the hell out of me. ??☕

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I've had it so I'm safe both ways. Aside from what the laws, rules, etc have forced me to do, I've done little to avoid covid. Could explain why I caught it. LOL I decided a long time ago to live each day to the fullest, you never know when it will be your last. F COVID.
+1. My grandmother told me what it was like during the Spanish Influenza outbreak of 1917, and this is in no way comparable. I respect the wishes of others and the laws of the state/county/city that I’m in, but COVID will not stop me from living my life. The All Mighty will take me when He chooses. Besides, if I was so worried about my health, I wouldn’t be smoking in the first place.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I've had it so I'm safe both ways. Aside from what the laws, rules, etc have forced me to do, I've done little to avoid covid. Could explain why I caught it. LOL I decided a long time ago to live each day to the fullest, you never know when it will be your last. F COVID.
I’m not trying to be a dick but this is horrible advice. Safe as in how? You can be reinfected.. especially with a mutated strain. Even reinfected with the same one after just a few months. So I’m not sure where you are getting your information.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If the venue is outside, then I’d take the chance. I’d still maintain some distance. Inside...nope. Being an RN, I work with Covid patients all the time. A trend as to how the patients recount the possible transmission of the ? is that they went to a family function, And let their guard down. Some get Covid and walk around without a care...asymptomatic . Others get it and they are vented in the ICU on deaths door in a matter of hours. The point is ya never know who has the virus. And a reason we should all be vigilant is not only can we protect ourselves, but it helps protect others as well. I enjoy our seniors and want to keep them around as long as possible most of the time.
Also, I use the whole RN/COVID thing to get out of family get togethers that would annoy the hell out of me. ??☕
Thank you sir!!!! On all counts. For both your intelligent reasoning besides “IMMA LIVE MAH LIYFE”. And for being on the frontline of this horrible battlefield. God bless you. ?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I’m not trying to be a dick but this is horrible advice. Safe as in how? You can be reinfected.. especially with a mutated strain. Even reinfected with the same one after just a few months. So I’m not sure where you are getting your information.

Why are people getting vaccinated then? The reoccurrence rate has been so low it is almost non-existent.

Reactions: FurCoat

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Why are people getting vaccinated then?
Not to become sick or sick again if you had it few months ago. Also, vaccination will reduce the spread rate of the virus, if they manage to reduce it then the probability of it mutating to a different variant will be reduced as well.

The reoccurrence rate has been so low it is almost non-existent.
Because it hasn't been around for that long. Nothing is clear yet, we will have somewhat useful data at least in a year or so.

“IMMA LIVE MAH LIYFE”
One of my colleagues' parents had that attitude. Both got the virus, his mom passed away in 3 days, his father is still having breathing problems. There are doctors dying everyday who try to save lives of others if you pay attention.

finnian3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2015
Illinois
One must ply their own course through this storm. There is no rhyme or reason to this disease. It strips away the illusion of control. I know people who have done everything right and still managed to get infected. These people have not left their houses in over year. They have had supplies delivered and could only have picked up the disease from a delivery person.
In turn, I have a few friends who have taken minimal, mandated precautions, and have yet to contract the disease.

My only point, seek ways to be social if that is your want, and if you are not so social, then keep on keeping on.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I know people who have done everything right and still managed to get infected. These people have not left their houses in over year. They have had supplies delivered and could only have picked up the disease from a delivery person.
Probability of getting virus 10%

In turn, I have a few friends who have taken minimal, mandated precautions, and have yet to contract the disease.
Probability of getting virus 70%

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

finnian3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2015
Illinois
Then there are the studies that show nicotine may hinder Covid.
The studies were not perfect and are far from solid evidence, but there is an odd link between nicotine and Covid.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Why are people getting vaccinated then? The reoccurrence rate has been so low it is almost non-existent.
The vaccine is not getting infected with the virus. It does not work like a smallpox or mmr etc vaccine. Check into it.

the reinfection rate is most likely so low due to people being more careful if they have had it once already. Having been infected MAY protect you up to 6 months. Possibly less, down to 2 months.

Reactions: Reggie
Status
Not open for further replies.