To All Who Posted On My For Sale Thread.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
T'would appear I was writing this reply just as Al closed the thread. I thought it only polite to respond and Al suggested posting my response here so here it is....
Wow chaps, so many kind words that leave me quite flabbergasted.
This morning I woke up to a whole bucket load of private messages, many expressing their concerns (one in particular put a lump in my throat) and others showing interest in the plugs.
However one in particular really interested me. A forum member (whom I've conducted business with in the past) believe it or not lives a mere forty or so miles from me and has asked for a full list. The important thing to me is that he is willing to drive down to Mawnan Smith and collect any purchases!
That would benefit me hugely as it would negate me sourcing boxes, packing material etc not to mention getting it to the village Post Office. Some may or not know I've been housebound for a few years now so I hope all would understand if I took this route.
Once the tobacco is gone I then start on the pipes, over 200 of them!
On a lighter note, would me quitting mean I have no interest in the forum? Not on your nelly.....I'll still be hovering around the edges making the occasional comment or two :wink:
Regards and many thanks again lads,
Jay.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
(Insert thumbs up emoji here)
jay-roger.jpg
(#2)

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
We are all with you in spirit...take care of yourself...that is the most important thing for you to do (no shit).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Keep in touch. Once the tobacco and pipes are sold off, you can still contribute on your pipe experience and on other subjects.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Glad to hear you worked out what seems to be a very convenient sale, cheers to that! Also glad to hear you’ll be sticking around to drop a line from time to time.
Best of wishes to you, mate.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I hope you'll stay in good spirits. There is lots beyond pipe smoking to keep your interest. For example there may be some great history books you haven't had a chance to read yet (I mention this because it seems you've read many). Of course I welcome your continued wisdom and input on this forum.
Best wishes,

Sean

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"You are keeping at least one pipe, and a little tobacco yes?"
Alas the idea is an utter and complete clearout so there is nothing to tempt me back. That is where I went wrong last time.
As a refresher, forum member Neal aka Npod PMd me quite some while ago with advice when I was complaining about my breathlessness. That advice in a roundabout way led me to bring rushed to hospital where I stayed three days being fed pure oxygen many times per day.
Upon release I felt a million times better so decided I could manage one pipe per day. BIG mistake. It quickly crept back to four/five per day and now I find myself back to square one!
So no Didi, all temptation has to be got rid of.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.