PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm trying to find out if there are any ways to "date" tins from various manufacturers. I've googled and wiki'ed to no avail. I'm trying to decipher when my tin of Full Virginia Flake was manufactured since the local smoke shop guy said that he was "digging out the store room and put a bunch of tins out" This particular tin has a number of: K 3666. My guess is 36 is the week of the year, but where does that leave the 66? Any ideas?
-Thanks

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My guess according to what I found on the Samuel Gawith Website is that they only produce in one factory, so location could mean line, I suppose. Anyone else have any info? Thanks.
-Jason
P.S.- Somehow, I managed 306 posts to this fine website without even realizing it.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I would suggest emailing the company via their website. They usually get back with you rather promptly. I am sure they could help you out with this.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion, krgulick. I sent them an email so hopefully I'll have an answer that I'll post here. But the question still stands... Does anyone know how the manufacturing codes work for other manufacturers?
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
tinman2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.