Time to Panic for Real!!!!!!!! KFC Has Run out of Chicken!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have some fond memories of Kentucky Fried Chicken as a small child.
Since they changed their name to KFC, (Krispy Fat Chunks), I've found them overpriced and underwhelming.
There are a number of awesome local eateries for fried chicken near me.
jay-roger.jpg

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
For a moment there I was worried, then I read the article. Thank god it’s only the UK.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
tried kfc for first time in 20 years it is disgusting. however popeyes spicy chicken topped with some La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, pretty good

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
As I get older I eat this kind of crap less and less but KFC in the UK took a nose dive some years ago. Last time I went into one I realised that they had failed to get my order correct not just on that day but the previous 4 times I had visited and the food was piss poor. Also, despite the fact that the restaurant had just been rebuilt after a fire it was grubby and the staff were oblivious to the fact they were there to work. They were also dense and rude. It's the people they choose to employ that seems to be the problem. They just employ lazy kids with stinking attitudes and I suspect they train them poorly. The kids in McDonald's are the complete opposite. McDonald's seem to have their house in order but I only go in there these days when I'm desperate.
I have now given up on KFC. Not that they will miss little old me.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Ah, just a bit of trivia for you as Gino's held the franchise for KFC chicken:
http://ginoshamburgers.homestead.com/GinosHistory.html
My father was the purveyor supplying the hamburgers and chicken for Gino's in Baltimore and I remember that I spent practically every Saturday making shipping boxes for the product. Also a note that the plant location was on the site of Camden Yards in Baltimore and was sold to the Maryland Stadium Authority. My father retired early and moved to Florida.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I was raised in Baltimore and remember Gino's!
Their flagship burger was the Gino's Giant, a Big Mac like concoction.
Zito, I just gained half a pound thinking about that. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
jay-roger.jpg

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I was raised in Baltimore and remember Gino's!

Their flagship burger was the Gino's Giant, a Big Mac like concoction.

Zito, I just gained half a pound thinking about that. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
Jay, the Gino Giant was a good burger in it's time. I lived in Pikesville, where did you live?
Tim

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I grew up in THIS HOUSE.
Had my parents sign off on enlistment papers 5 days after my 17th birthday and made tracks at a rapid pace after high school graduation 4 months later.
jay-roger.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thank goodness I've cellared almost 45 pounds of KFC over the past few years. I have it all in the original buckets, which, I was told, will keep the chicken fresh for years and years.
Do you think I should jar it?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I gave up on KFC years ago! Like many have posted, their food is sub par by a long shot. The only thing I've recently had from them is their chicken pot pie. A pretty good pot pie, but still too expensive. I remember about 30 years ago when I lived in California, we'd go to Pioneer Chicken and get their fried gizzards or livers. Man that was good, especially if you had been drinking... :mrgreen:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
There's a ghetto gas station near me that offers the best livers and gizzards I've ever had.
Worth braving the hustlers and panhandlers to leave with greasy fingers and hot sauce stains on the shirt.
Ah, livin' the good life! :lol:
jay-roger.jpg

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Dan, there is a very strong demand for vintage fast foods, but the value plummets without the original packaging. And make sure oils and saturated fats don’t mar the nomenclature. If what you have is really rare you should consider donating it to the John Goodman Collection at the Smithsonian. A good accountant will help you step up the valuation to maximize your write-off, even under the new tax law. It’s an aggressive strategy, and not for the chicken.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Apparently Gino's is alive and kicking:
http://www.ginosgiant.com/
And, trying to go "uptown":
"No longer fast food - Gino’s Burgers & Chicken is positioned in the fast casual segment of the restaurant industry, and offers the expertise of a management team with a proven record of running great restaurants."

jay-roger.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
John, I’ve been approached by vultures like you before, trying to get their claws into my chicken. Birds of feather are what you are! Butter me up with all that schmaltzy chatter then when you have a leg up on me you wing it out of here. Flock you and the chicken crate you rode in on. I can spot a bad egg, and you’ve been misb-avian!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
They closed the KFC in Slidell, La. about 4 months ago.
When you can get Popeye's and Church's Chicken you don't need KFC though.

Those creepy commercials and even the mention of KFC triggers my household. A few years ago, we visited KFC for the first time in decades, and when we got home with it, I was alerted to the kitchen quickly with my wife's blood curdling scream on opening the box. It was crawling with live maggots. There is no way anyone could have boxed up that rancid crap and not have seen them, so we didn't even bother taking it back to deal with whatever human served us that crap.
We are devout Bojangle customers for our fast chicken now. We rarely ever even eat fast food, but when we do we do like a tasty chicken occasionally. Plus, frying our own chicken always leaves the kitchen in an oily mess.
If KFC went completely out of business, I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.