Thoughts On MB HH Latakia Flake And HH Balkan?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I found latakia flake to be quite boring. I guess I just like my latakia blends with more "other" flavors in the mix.

Reactions: ofafeather

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
One of my best recent smokes was HH Latakia Flake. I would certainly reccomend it. I have some HH Balkan but have not tried it yet.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I love the whole HH line.

That said, I love the latakia flake less than the rest.

It is also the only smoke to elicit a solid NO from Mrs. jaytex.

I still need to try the Balkan.

1592272627209.jpeg

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
I really enjoy HH Latakia Flake, but I haven't smoked it in some time.

Of the entire HH lineup the Latakia Flake is second in my book behind ODF.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Have now smoked both Lat Flake and Balkan. Yes, different and each good. I need to smoke them more but my first impression is that Lat Flake is a great all around smoke. Maybe slightly monochromatic but flavorful without being a Lat bomb. Balkan has more interesting flavor but smoked hotter for me in general. I will dry it more for the next smoke. I have a lb and a couple of tins is each but I may pick up another lb of the flake. Next experiment is to mix it with ODF. Depending on the bowl size maybe one flake of each.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Have now smoked both Lat Flake and Balkan. Yes, different and each good. I need to smoke them more but my first impression is that Lat Flake is a great all around smoke. Maybe slightly monochromatic but flavorful without being a Lat bomb. Balkan has more interesting flavor but smoked hotter for me in general. I will dry it more for the next smoke. I have a lb and a couple of tins is each but I may pick up another lb of the flake. Next experiment is to mix it with ODF. Depending on the bowl size maybe one flake of each.
Smoking more Balkan today and really liking this. Yes, a bit hotter but great flavor from the orientals. Will have two bowls today.

Status
Not open for further replies.