PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I think I'll be picking up another Castello soon. As I purchased an Old Antiquari for my first, I'll go with a Sea Rock this time. Along with the various red to black hues within the Sea Rock line, Castello offers their Natural Vergin with the Sea Rock rusticated finish.
Anyone own one a Natural Vergin with a few years of smoking age on it? How well does it take on color? Would you recommend it - or recommend purchasing a stained Sea Rock?
Thanks!

Dec 24, 2012
I own four Sea Rock Natural Vergins and love them. My oldest is about 18 months. It develops a really nice light brown patina on it as you smoke it. I normally am not a fan of rustication, with two exceptions. The first is the Castello Sea Rock line; the second is Ardor. They both have an impressive hand feel to them and they look fantastic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No Castellos but I'm a big fan of unfinished pipes, which gradually finish themselves, with

a little help from you. It's one of the great experiences in pipe smoking.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I have 2 Castello natural vergins and they are two fantastic smokers and lookers. Like Peck said, they age beautifully and develop and brownish/tan patina from the tobacco oils as well as the oils from your hands while holding them over time. Highly recommend getting a hold of one. You won't regret it.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have owned several natural Vergin pipes, my oldest in around 30 y/o now and a far cry from what it looked like when I purchased it new. The pipe is a Capitello and the carver's originally worked for Castello so quality was there but there was so much competition between the great Italian pipes available they closed their doors/ You can find them if you look and they are true bargains. Sorry to get off track but I think you'd enjoy watching each smoke add a nice patina to your Vergin, regards.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.