PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2019 is almost upon us folks, and while I don't make New Years Resolutions per se, my wife and I have an interesting tradition. We list five things we would like to do to the house, and five places we would like to travel. Then on New Years we look back on the list and see if we did any of them.
So I won't ask you what pipes you want to get, or blends you want to try, but do you have any pipe smoking experiences you'd like for 2019?
For me, I'd like to get the hang of breath smoking to get some more taste out of my blends. Another one is enjoying a pipe under a star filled sky.
2019.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Had never really thought about it. I've been smoking a pipe for nearly thirty years and I don't put much thought into it anymore. I light it and go. Everywhere and everything I've done in my post 17 life has always included a pipe. I guess new for 2019 will be my first new year of buying nothing pipe or tobacco related. My closet is at the overflowing point with tobacco and my pipe lust has been sated.

mitch11

Lurker
Nov 18, 2018
Mike, I’m with you! I hope to do some camping and maybe even hunting in 2019, so naturally smoking under the stars would be part of the experience. I’d also like to:
- try a dark fired tobacco

- buy a bulldog shaped pipe
Happy new year everyone.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2007 I was lucky enough to visit Uluru which is smack dab in the middle of Australia. The stars that came out night were incredible. I'd love to capture that moment again, but with a pipe this time.
I hope to do some camping and maybe even hunting in 2019, so naturally smoking under the stars would be part of the experience.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
When I bought my last pipe earlier this year I truly thought it was my "last" pipe. However, turn 65 in February and retire 1 month after that. So will buy a smooth Kinsale XL 15 to celebrate both my 65th and my retirement when the time comes. Then it probably really will be the last pipe I buy due to $ constraints if nothing else thereafter. :P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing ambitious. I plan to continue my exploration of Va and Va/Per, and I am well provided with six or eight good blends. I'm mainly a burley smoker, but enjoy some of the other genres of blends. With pipe smoking, a relaxed attitude is central. Too much ambition or striving is antithetical to my enjoyment.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
I am happily back in the work force this year so may pick up a couple of new pipes. But, I’m pretty happy with my current stable and have a lot of good tobacco. Will explore a few new blends and just ordered a new lighter so pretty set overall.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm struck by the fact that 2019 is the year that will see the first persons of legal adult age who were born in the 21st century. The times they are a changin'.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
PAD and TAD pretty much under control as my inventory is finally stabilizing... Until irishearl mentioned a Kinsale XL 15. Damn that's a beautiful pipe.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
2019 will be a year with a little more certainty regarding pipes and tobacco. There will be fewer large quantity tobacco purchases and only a specific pipe here and there, as I don't need any more. I also want to reintegrate some weight training that I've completely abandoned in 2018. Getting old ain't for sissies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
The embargo on pipe tobacco set by my wife ends on Jan 1. I will be trying some new blends, which continues the trend from 2018. We have a nice vacation planned in April to a remote part of an island in western Canada. No cell service or internet. Plenty of time to enjoy the company of my wife, read some good books and enjoy some great pipes and tobacco

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I plan to get married and to lure my, hopefully by then, wife into a trip to Denmark that'll include Copenhell. My lady, who normally listens to Shania Twain is about to hear some Tool and Slipknot, amongst others. And to live in love and harmony with my family, as always.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I'm just working on one day at a time.
After that, the years take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.