PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
It's not that bad. Grab a tub of CH, go somewhere quiet, and stay away from internet until next year. Problem solved.
Stay away from the internet and miss out on all those great pipe tin deals? Surely you gest, sir! How could any sane person miss such an opportunity? Not to mention having the chance to bitch about having too many deals going at once! It's enough to make one shake their head in disgust! ;)

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Man, this is a tough crowd here today! Panties in a wad precludes a good sense of humor? If prices here were as objectionable as in other locals, tobacco sales here would evaporate. We are fortunate that we don't have to deal with that - yet. rotfrotfrotf
Speaking for myself, I think it's great that others are not in the same boat as those of us here in Nanny State Australia. For one thing, the reasonable cost of tobacco in the U.S. allowed me to build a stash before the Iron Curtain of bureacratic overreach dropped, that should last me at least a few years, for which I'm really grateful.

My response is not a reflection from lack of humour but rather, just putting things in perspective after reading your thread title ''kinda sucks''.
''Sucks''? Sheeet, if only that was my biggest problem regarding the acquisition of tobacco. I do get what you're saying; in your position I'd be like a kid in a candy shop.

No, it doesn't ''suck'' but rather, what I'd call a delightful dilemma.

Enjoy whatever you do decide on in good health. puffy ya lucky bastard :LOL:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The Holiday season is a double-edged sword for some all of with TAD. It sucks. All of our favorite tobaccos are on sale. Limited releases come out. And to encourage us to buy, they are on sale as well. Every good online pipe tobacconist stocks up and are full of goodies and hard to finds. The way things are going this year, we may well see Penzance, Stonehaven, GH, SG, Germain and several others of that ilk readily available - and you guessed it - probably on sale, too. But - only after you blew the fiscal wad on the previous great pipe tobacco sale!
The problem here is so many desirable goodies vs limited disposable income! I guess that's a good problem to have. Still, it sucks to let such delicacies slip away. It seems that around March or April, when things get tight again, remorse sets in and we wish we really loaded up - forget what the wife says about sleeping in the garage with the dog & cats.
So, yeah, this time of year kinda sucks!
there is always that amazing blend you've not found waiting out there. The one that just slips into your rotation almost as if by accident. Or in other words don't worry about missing sales or limited edition blends that much.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm so glad I don't celebrate holidays. Limited editions have usually disappointed me in some way so I avoid them. There are soooo many wonderful tobaccos out there year round that there really is no reason to go for the "special, one time only, you'll-be-sorry-you-missed-out" blends.
yeah I avoid them mainly. Either doesn't live up to reputation or I find a blend I can't get again. I'll buy them if they really grab my attention or seem on the better side of alright.

Reactions: DAR
Status
Not open for further replies.