PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Wife and I picked up a kitten from the Humane Society.

Well that is well and fine except that a litter box showed up

next to the computer desk. I can only imagine that one will show up

next to my leather working table.

Goooooood thing I smoke outside on a bench.

Joe

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Perhaps you can relocate the box to your laundry room. That is where I kept mine when I had a cat in the past.
I did not want the box in an area of the home that was used often.
A helpful tip. Place the litter box inside of a 13 gallon garbage bag with a drawstring tie to the back. Then when you change the litter you untie the stings and pull the bag inside out. I always changed litter often like 2 times a week. I did not want to shovel.
Do not use the clumping litter since if the cat liicks paws and swallows any it expands in the stomach.
Best wishes to your family and to your cat. I hope all goes well for all.

punkrockarmy

Might Stick Around
Jan 13, 2013
Our cat basically adopted us as a stray and she used a litter box for one month until she kept expressing that she wanted to go outside to do her business. Now she knocks on the door when she wants out and knocks on the door to come inside after a long day of exploring our property of a few acres. :D

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Our cat basically adopted us as a stray and she used a litter box for one month until she kept expressing that she wanted to go outside to do her business. Now she knocks on the door when she wants out and knocks on the door to come inside after a long day of exploring our property of a few acres. [:D]
This would be the only way that I would ever have a cat... when I had my 7 acres in VA I had an outside cat, gotta have them in that situation.

Problem with outdoor cats and cats that stay out all day and sleep indoors is you have to be careful of Toxoplasma!
But when you have allot of land Dogs, cats and bats (well depending on where you live)are your best friends!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
KEEP YOUR PIPE CLEANERS SAFE!
My cats love the things, a few times I've forgotten and come home to find an entire pack spread across the floor. Worse, once time they dragged the bag under a couch and then spread all the cleaners under there to play with!
Really cats just love tobacco, and most other cats I know this applies to as well. The cleaner issue may be unique....but I doubt it.
Holding pipe and trying to get into my pipe bag and grab some baccy:
8F0123F1-1D47-4417-B146-DD7E7F4DFD66-999-000000F3118146CD.jpg

Playing with a pile of cigar wrappers after I moved the sticks to the humidor:
C664DDF5-52D4-47C2-8745-A62FDECB69FB-999-000000F31CC36EC4.jpg

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
One advantage to having the litterbox nearby is that you might get a little love note from your new kitten, like we received from our 20-year-old cat, Boo.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
My cats thankfully leave my pipes alone, although they do like to play around with my extra Falcon bowls.

I have seven cats (the matriarch, 5 sons and daughters and one graddaughter) who all use my garden as their litter box. Since they bury and cover it all up, it's no big deal.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
That's some funny stuff.

Rm- that's an artistic cat.

Un-She will have nothing to with the Tobacco but have to watch the beer.

Puffy- laundry room is hide out when scared

Yadan--- Carrots may have a funny taste.

PunkR--- Wife has different ways at hinting when something needs done.

Had a field mouse get into our screend in carport. Last cat passed away

3 months ago and we live on 10 wooded acres,so it was time ofr a new mouser.

Our luck I will have 1 drunk cat and 3 drunken mice.

Joe

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
I have a dog that seems to love the smell of tobacco. I Have gone to greater

measures here, to keep him from molesting any of my smoking paraphenalia. If

I let my guard down for a moment, he will steel something, and play with it,

if not maul it to death. He is a typical puppy Samoyed who never really grows up

until after about their sixth birthday. Can I really live through this again for

the fifth time? Mr Rigby is a love though, just as all the rest were before him. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.