This is why I stay away from B&M Pipe stores!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
12 Fresh Johs Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
So I finally tracked down some McClelland 2014 Christmas Cheer, my daughter was born two days before Christmas 2014 so I bought this tin to hold on to, and I made the mistake of asking if they had any estate pipes. Well they did, and now they have two less. I did however get to knock a pipe off my bucket list. :puffpipe:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
D&T:
Well done!
A SeaRock has been on my "get" list since God invented dirt.
You did great pal, and I don't give a damn what you paid. (Well you know. Within reason, of course.)
Truly happy for you,
Fnord

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Nice pipes .. Especially the second. LOVE the grain.
It is always a gamble when you go to the BnM. I personally bet against my self walking out empty handed.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Lovely wood-grain on both, but particularly appealing on the second. The pictures are enhanced by a familiar tin in the background to the right.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have a "cash only" policy regarding B&Ms: I hand the wife any money or surrogates thereof that I would ordinarily use, and put the amount of cash I am willing to spend in my pocket, long before I enter the door.
This limits damage and has foreclosed many interesting possibilities. I'm less of a PAD than a TAD guy. I have to try them all! At least once, and in the case of most, never do so again.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
Thanks for the replies,
Fnord, Thanks! I feel that I got a spectacular deal on the SeaRock, I'll PM you the price that was paid so you can get an idea for the market outside of Ebay
Cotez, I may open the Christmas Cheer on my daughters 18th birthday, do you think it will keep that long?
DeathMetal, That is an excellent policy sir, and I commend your fiscal planning, I really thought that I had my PAD under control. I have not bought a pipe in over a year. So I wasn't too worried. I really have no regrets at this point, they both smoke like champs, and I believe I got a really, really good deal.

:puffpipe:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I really thought that I had my PAD under control. I have not bought a pipe in over a year.
That sounds very under control. A whole year? You're like a Zen master of PAD discipline.
I have successfully gone 1.5 months without trying a new tobacco.
I almost died.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm going crazy passing up pipes online, waiting for the pipe show a week from Saturday. Blessedly, one of the online prospects was sold off. I'm going to try to keep it to one at the pipe show. Hope springs eternal. It is nice to get to actually know the pipes I already own, if I could just hold that thought. Retailers aren't going broke on my self restraint, I don't think. 'Don't know if I could face my long-time pipe carver at the show if I didn't buy at least one of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.