This Happened To My Comoy Last Night

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
I also carry them in my pocket, inside their pouch they come with (which isn't much of a protection against breakage as it is against scratches), but so far no mishaps. Maybe I should start making thick moulded leather cases for them, à la Meerschaum pipe cases... 🤔

puff_not_snuff

Preferred Member
Jan 27, 2020
I also carry them in my pocket, inside their pouch they come with (which isn't much of a protection against breakage as it is against scratches), but so far no mishaps. Maybe I should start making thick moulded leather cases for them, à la Meerschaum pipe cases... 🤔
Well, a lot of small leatherworkers in the USA these days who would likely be happy to have you commission a pipe pouch. Those stiff cigar cases for 2 or more might be a good starting point.

Reactions: anotherbob

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
Well, a lot of small leatherworkers in the USA these days who would likely be happy to have you commission a pipe pouch. Those stiff cigar cases for 2 or more might be a good starting point.
I'll tinker with it next time I order some 5-6 oz leather. I'm still having trouble visualising a hinge mechanism, specially with the myriad pipe shapes and dimensions. But I've a Canadian pipe here whose stem could probably benefit from extra protection; guess I'll start with that one.

Hmm, there should be a video on how they make those Meerschaum cases somewhere on the Web...

Reactions: jpmcwjr

puff_not_snuff

Preferred Member
Jan 27, 2020
Another issue with this pipe is that a pipe cleaner or a long wire for that’s matter can make it all the way to the bowl. Maybe makes it 3/4 the way through the shank (with the broken stem stuck in there).