PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I love it!

The older I get, the more I'm finding I enjoy the gloomy, rainy type of weather that we've had here in the Midwest for the past few days. When I was younger, I tended to view such weather as depressing and as an impediment to day-to-day activities and social life. Now, cold rainy weather appeals to me as a great reason (or excuse) to stay home, wear my pajamas, and get comfortable on the couch. Various combinations of pipes, good food, my favorite junk foods, coffee and creamer, and alcoholic beverages of choice are usually involved.

That said, I wouldn't want this type of weather constantly year round. I love a good warm spring day after winter, and getting outdoors in nature on a sunny day is one of my all-time favorite things to do. However, the occasional gloomy rainy day is welcome any time of year.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
And there's a blend for that!

003-004-0010.jpg

Reactions: GCW

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I agree with all except for the inevitable cold/flu bug that sometimes comes with it. I've been in bed since Monday and it has been kicking my tail. Not going to work tomorrow, and haven't lit a bowl since Sunday. But otherwise, I'm enjoying the view out the window!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Rain is a distant memory at this point but I couldn’t agree more. Nothing better than a sourdough hotcake, bacon, and egg breakfast followed by hot coffee and a Va/Per with a good book, listening to the sound of the rain hitting the tin roof while the woodstove crackles in the cabin.

Paradise (and my retirement plan).

Reactions: lawdawg and shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I have fought against getting a sourdough starter and learning how to make bread because, well, endless delicious carbs. But that was before I knew sourdough hotcakes existed. This changes everything.
Yes sir! As do sourdough biscuits! Staples of Alaskan bush cuisine!

Reactions: Casual

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I have fought against getting a sourdough starter and learning how to make bread because, well, endless delicious carbs. But that was before I knew sourdough hotcakes existed. This changes everything.
You mean sourdough makes you gain weight? Maybe I should start eating that every day.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
The rain gets the steelhead running and that makes me happy. Hanging out by the fire is always good but there's nothing like getting out in a torrential downpour, standing knee deep in an emerald green river of the Pacific Northwest, and laying into a chrome beast fresh out of the ocean.

Reactions: Casual and oldtoby

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
We got out first rain of the season today in Los Angeles. We also put up our Christmas decorations earlier today, so it made the rain even more welcoming.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Any day I wake up is a good day.

Rain, shine, hot, cold, sourdough or no. It's all good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.