PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
This forum is such a welcome distraction during turbulent times. And people are so pleasant and helpful. Offering advice on the forum and through PMs, sharing samples. I find myself getting agitated as I read and watch the news. And political arguments on facebook and other forums inevitably turn nasty. Maybe if there were more pipe smokers in this country we would have fewer problems! So - thank you.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
This forum is such a welcome distraction during turbulent times. And people are so pleasant and helpful. Offering advice on the forum and through PMs, sharing samples. I find myself getting agitated as I read and watch the news. And political arguments on facebook and other forums inevitably turn nasty. Maybe if there were more pipe smokers in this country we would have fewer problems! So - thank you.

Here, here!!

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
This place would turn into the others without a firm hand on the moderation keeping politics out. It’s thanks to the owner and team that keep the place tidy.
Certainly true. This place has gone to the dogs before and will inevitably return there. As you said, the mod and the PM Forum Greats hold this place together through feast and famine.

j/B

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just assumed things are amicable because all pipe smokers are libertarians. ;)
"Talking politics", which is the pseudonym commonly used for posting irrational, witless, and largely imbecilic ad hominem rants, is not allowed here for good reason. As widely practiced on line, it is the ultimate intellectually nutritionless junk food. A housefly will provide more intelligible discourse.

So we are able to band together over our mutual enjoyment of pipes and tobaccos and other non brain draining topics of mutual interest.

"Talking politics", which is the pseudonym commonly used for posting irrational, witless, and largely imbecilic ad hominem rants A housefly will provide more intelligible discourse.

This ^^ My father taught me to never discuss Politics or Religion outside their respective arenas. There are no winners.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
A housefly will provide more intelligible discourse.

This is exactly right. My housefly, Jeff, was incredibly wise, witty, and emotionally supportive. He offered terrific financial advice, convincing me to short Sabre and go long on Amazon and Clorox just before the coronavirus hit America. He was amazingly versatile: Jeff solved Goldbach's conjecture, knew all of Leo Kottke's albums, and detected an aortic aneurysm in time for me to get it surgically corrected, A keen appreciator of practical jokes, he never tired of the fake dog poop I bought him as a thank you for his friendship. I miss Jeff almost every day, and sometimes regret swatting him with an old copy of Grit magazine.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
"Talking politics", which is the pseudonym commonly used for posting irrational, witless, and largely imbecilic ad hominem rants, is not allowed here for good reason. As widely practiced on line, it is the ultimate intellectually nutritionless junk food. A housefly will provide more intelligible discourse.

So we are able to band together over our mutual enjoyment of pipes and tobaccos and other non brain draining topics of mutual interest.
Commie.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This is exactly right. My housefly, Jeff, was incredibly wise, witty, and emotionally supportive. He offered terrific financial advice, convincing me to short Sabre and go long on Amazon and Clorox just before the coronavirus hit America. He was amazingly versatile: Jeff solved Goldbach's conjecture, knew all of Leo Kottke's albums, and detected an aortic aneurysm in time for me to get it surgically corrected, A keen appreciator of practical jokes, he never tired of the fake dog poop I bought him as a thank you for his friendship. I miss Jeff almost every day, and sometimes regret swatting him with an old copy of Grit magazine.
My three gigantic house flies don't care to listen to any of my Leo Kottke albums...I assume they like my heavy metal though cause they keep banging their heads into the window.