PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You might have tampers, lighters, racks, cases, and stands, but do you have a briar drier?

Found an ad and mention about it in an old copy of Tobacco Magazine. Seems it is like a cone you place your used pipe on, and it blows air through the pipe to dry it out. Well here I was, letting my pipes dry out in the air naturally like some sort of mouth breathing moron.

Screenshot_20200622-204522.jpgScreenshot_20200622-204821.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There is a small electric appliance for any task or imagined task in the kitchen or the world. Every food group has a separate special cooker. Every mixing or chopping task does as well. So it was only fair that drying out a pipe, something that has happened all by itself for a few hundred years, should also have a designated device. It is probably wise to buy two, to keep your attic or basement balanced, one on each side of the room.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it was one of the early SNL shows that had Father Sardouchi advertising "Mr. Tea," which was a little stand with a hoop through which you poured hot water into a cup already supplied with a tea bag. You could have just poured the water in the cup, but Mr. Tea made it more official. This was after the Mr. Coffee coffee maker became omnipresent in kitchens and break rooms. A gadget for every conceivable action whether it was actually needed or not. Oh, and a pipe dryer thrown on a potter's wheel, now that's something.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
plus think of the possible dangers if that information was leaked to our wives? I've been telling my beautiful wife that I needed more pipes so I didn't damage the ones I have. If she found out I could use one pipe over and over and dry it on that darn thing the jig would be up. Best left as some unknown Contraption at the antique store and play it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.