PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Bought two of these on clearance at Starbucks. I liked them because they were cheap, fit in the Keurig and have a top and a non-slip bottom. Unfortunately, they also seem to drain the heat away from any beverage inside them within 15 to 20 minutes. If they put these on the outside of the space station, they would keep it nice and cool in direct sunlight. If they put a few in hell, it may be possible to make snowballs there.

So what else have you found that sucks? (I'll preempt Embers by saying we already know about his Dunhill mishaps)

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Here is number 2. The Penzance tin. The tobacco itself is wonderful (Again, we know, you don't like it). The tin on the other hand is a miracle of engineering. It will keep tobacco fresh for 10 years if its sealed. Then once you pop it, it will drain the moisture from the tobacco in two weeks to bone dry. You could sail out to on the Pacific, crack the tin, put the top back on and drop the tin in the middle of the Mariana Trench the tobacco would be bone dry inside of two weeks. Even if it develops leaks the tin has some hydrophobic powers that will divert the moisture away from the tobacco. Ok, I'm done complaining for tonight. I'll probably have more to complain about tomorrow night. I apparently haven't had enough fiber so things are flowing smoothly and it makes me cranky.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Only good one I’ve ever seen was “The Book of Mormon.” Not sure I’d find it so hilarious if I were Mormon (Apologies LDS folks) but I couldn’t help but laugh my ass off the whole time.
I was working in the theatre district in Cleveland OH when that one came through and from what i heard, (didnt see it myself) the LDS were ok with it. I gather that it had, on the whole, a positive message.

But just to stay on topic, im sure there were tickets available at right around the hundred dollar mark.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Bought two of these on clearance at Starbucks. I liked them because they were cheap, fit in the Keurig and have a top and a non-slip bottom. Unfortunately, they also seem to drain the heat away from any beverage inside them within 15 to 20 minutes. If they put these on the outside of the space station, they would keep it nice and cool in direct sunlight. If they put a few in hell, it may be possible to make snowballs there.

View attachment 17537

So what else have you found that sucks? (I'll preempt Embers by saying we already know about his Dunhill mishaps)

Recommendation: fill the cup with hot water from the tap; sit (while you're making coffee); drain; then add coffee. I do this with my coffee cups at home during the winter months.

The new Butter Finger bars with real peanut butter. Who cares if their fattening snacks have real, organic, gluten free peanut butter. I want the original which didn't taste like peanut butter at all, but were more like a chocolate covered Chik-a-Stik that gets all stuck in your teeth. Now, it tastes like a Reeses... which has put out so many new types that about half the candy display tastes exactly like a Reeses cup.
I know, I know... first world problems...

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
The public water utility bill.

And we still buy bottled spring water with the fancy dispenser to drink because the liquid coming from the tap smells like a public pool.

Reactions: whsergent

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
  • Single ply toilet paper
  • Modern newspaper comics
  • Imperial method of measuring things (feet, miles, pounds, etc)
  • Those new gasoline cans that are supposed to be no-spill but end up spilling a lot more
  • People that drive slow until they get to a section of road with a passing lane where they speed up only to slow back down when it gets back to where they can't be passed.
  • Child proof lighters

Status
Not open for further replies.