PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Through out the history of our country things have been banned only to be made legal later.We all know what they are so I won't try to list them.The conclusion I come to is sooner or later those in charge realize that these bans just don't work...So I wonder will the same sooner or later be true with these smoking bans?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
How long will this thread last? He asked rhetorically.
There are many more drinkers than smokers so, that's not a good analogy. Also, no one really wants to go after a large tax base. Marijuana may soon become a cash cow for governments. Regular tobacco smoking has far too few adherents and faces a long, uphill haul if there is to be any change in the public's perception of cigarettes, pipes and cigars. Third world countries will support the tobacco industry for many years. We who live elsewhere will constantly face new barriers and higher taxes. So, stock the cellar or get a raise, the pipe is only going to become a more expensive diversion.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Lucky enough can still smoke tons of places here, even in restaurants/bars. If Customer base and employees are required to be over 19 can light up. So get to smoke , and don’t have to listen to screaming brats. Win , win in my book.
Personally I see it costing more and more but never banned. Banned completely makes them no money.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
As long as They don't tell me I can't smoke on my own porch I'm fine. Even the people who propose banning it inside a residence I can ignore. I don't smoke inside anyway because my wife isn't a smoker and so I will not force the smoke on her. I've become even more disciplined in this regard because the wife is now pregnant. I'm a rule follower by nature, but I will continue to smoke no matter who tells me otherwise.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
In my experience the more rural the area the less this seems to be an issue especially down "south" Now I don't really consider Missouri as southern, but you can still smoke at a bar here (Determined by managment/owner) as long as they don't also qualify as a resteraunt based on what percentage of their sales is from food. That's in St. Louis mind you. Strangley enough however there is one chain that I am sure greases some palms to negate this process or they have some strange billing system. I wonder if you could sell food for pennies on the dollar and charge a service fee so it wouldn't be taxed and avoid the issue entirely. Not like it matters to me; it'll be a cold day in hell before anyone comes down to the VFW and tells us the smoking lamp is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.