There Always Seems To Be 487 Kaywoodies On Ebay...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I think 20 might sell per week leaving 467 rejects in an endless cycle.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I think Kaywoodies, Dr. Grabows, and miscellaneous basket pipes make up probably 80% of the estate pipes listed on eBay?

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
"I think Kaywoodies, Dr. Grabows, and miscellaneous basket pipes make up probably 80% of the estate pipes listed on eBay?"
Listed on ebay or in circulation? Wouldn't be surprised if 80% of all pipes manufactured were KW, Grabow and misc. basket pipes.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
I didn't say anything about their smoking qualities. Probably half of my pipes are used Grabow with some KW/etc., all kept because I enjoy smoking them as much or more than my cobs and fancy pipes.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
And some of them demand a pretty penny if you go buy the starting bid value. I have seen many pipes go without a bid only to be relisted for a couple of dollars less but in reality the 60 dollar starting price is so out of bounds that it isn't worth the trouble of talking to the seller. They are most likely unreasonable in their expectations.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Not to mention the $35 pipe sock that has been listed for the last 18 months that I am aware of. There are some beautiful pipes listed at present - but mostly the same old same old

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kaywoodie still offers some new hand-made pipes in the $250 price range, and I suspect they're worth it, since their economy priced pipes smoke just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.