Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
sponsor-725.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The guy outside the window is suffering from a Tobacco Acquisition Disorder Deficiency. He need to catch the TAD contagion on Forums so he will have a three lifetime supply like most members. His neighbor needs to order him a tub of Mixture 79.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have many friends like that, just rarely in the case of pipe tobacco. Usually for cigs or chew. I wish i knew more pipe smokers, because i'd be glad to share my tobacco then.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Had a shipmate with a little seniority (enlisted) who chain smoked all the way across the Pacific and back bumming cigs. Fortunately, I didn't smoke nails. I think he also stole stuff, but he was a smooth operator and wasn't caught. Jeeze, he was a sonarman and had tech skills and probably went on to good pay as a civilian, but I think he was damaged, probably still mooching and thieving.
Usually with pipe tobacco, the sharing is mutual and in that context is satisfying.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Possibly the funniest example of tobacco mooching is Melvyn Douglas always bumming Cary Grant's tobacco in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People who mooch always smoke twice as much as anyone else, I guess because it's free!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Alternate caption: Just ignore him...he has only himself to blame. I told him way back in 2017 to stock up on pipe tobacco while it was still being sold legally and he just laughed and called me paranoid. Now he can’t afford my prices.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Thanks to this I've just learned a new meaning of the verb to mooch. Over here it simply means to loiter or wander aimlessly with no particular negative connotations.
Over here we call someone who perpetually scrounges things a ponce!
Regards,
Jay.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
There is a member of my pipe club who shows up every month and has for the last 18 or so years. A very friendly fellow if not a little quirky. As the meetings are about to wind down. He grabs his pipe bag, goes up to the tobacco bar, pulls out 5 pipes and stuffs each one with a different blend. He then pulls out a baggie or two to fill them with any blends left on the table that he was not able to stuff into his pipes. He then shakes hands with whoever is still around and then leaves. I reckon he's good to go tobacco wise until the next meeting.

Our pipe club meeting was this Monday night. I was frantically trying to get my daughter where she needed to be, and mish and mash, I showed up with absolutely no tobacco and my three largest Ardor Pipes. I felt like a heel asking for samples, and then pulling out my shovel sized Ardor to fill 'er up.

Our pipe club meeting was this Monday night. I was frantically trying to get my daughter where she needed to be, and mish and mash, I showed up with absolutely no tobacco and my three largest Ardor Pipes. I felt like a heel asking for samples, and then pulling out my shovel sized Ardor to fill 'er up. But I got to sample what Motzek Micah's Cake tastes like.

Status
Not open for further replies.