PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Based on my match's preferences got to head into the office tomorrow to get my package together - I hide some of my cellar there where the wife doesn't know about it! Also free shipping using the machine. Box should make it in plenty of time.

Not heading to the office, but I've got to do a little shopping. Based on what I've read on this site over the last few months, I wouldn't have expected anyone to actually put down that their preferences were goopy aros and codger blends. I don't have any of that stuff so I'm doing a little shopping.

Fortunately, I've found the holy grail - I found flavors you can basically add to your own tobacco. Well, I've read that it's better to put the concentrated flavoring on a cotton ball and then put that ball into a bag with some of the tobacco to flavor it up. So, I'll throw in my 2 tin requirement since I've got a few standard C&D tins laying around, run of the mill stuff, and then spend most of my secret Santa budget on buying up a ton of these codger blends, buying a dozen types of this flavoring you can add to your tobacco, and then try to make a more personal gift for my target. I figure it'll be a more heartfelt gift since it's something I'm making vs. something I'm buying. Who would have ever imagined this was possible? Some of these flavors look cool, too. Flavors like 'joy,' 'maxx,' 'black fire,' and 'cowboy blend,' to name a few.

I won't spill any more of the beans, but man, this could get good. And here you guys are joking about Captain Black Grape. This box is gonna end up being the codger blend version of a fruitcake!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
2 tins of Holly's Non Plus Ultra are out of the door!

Nah, I jest. I don't have 2 tins of HNPU and if I did I'd keep them for myself!

As my giftee's tastes are not what I cellar, I have asked my trusty elf, smokingpipes.com, to dispatch a couple of hopefully desirable delectables to said giftee. HO HO HO!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
good grief! Sent and received in two days? Did you use next day service or is your secret Santa your next door neighbour?

It was a bit of a juggling act, balancing tastes with location. I read everyone's preferences, then matched preferences where possible. I figured that folks might want to pull something special from their cellar. If tastes aligned with someone in-state or a fairly close state, I made that match. It didn't work out for everyone, and some of you will be shipping cross-country. If there were only two people in an unnamed country north of mine that has idiotic postal regulations, then, well....you know what happened.

BTW, has anyone else spotted "Tobacco Man" in my sig photo?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If there were only two people in an unnamed country north of mine that has idiotic postal regulations,

3857524c-b8e5-4f02-b253-8e382640297f_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.