PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
True Story:

As some of you know, I worked for one of the major city newspapers as a photojournalist for 20+ years. I was working nights at one point, and got sent to a big nightclub/concert venue to make some pictures of a well-know group that was performing there. There was a huge crowd. As I'm navigating through the huddled masses with all my cameras, trying to avoid hitting someone with a big lens, I get stopped cold by a huge arm, connected to a huge body, that yells at me

"Aren't you going to take a picture of Mariah Carey?"

I had walked right past her without noticing (not that I cared). I paused, looked aimlessly around the crowded room and said

"Who?"

Another one of the three muscle-bound body guards with her piped up in his best New Jersey accent and says

"Mariah Cary! Mariah Cary!"

There she is, in between them, her eyes getting bigger by the second, and her face starting to turn red with anger.

"I'm sorry", I say "Who?"

"MARIAH CAREY, MARIAH CAREY!" the three apes chant in unison.

Now Mariah looks likes she's going to pop a gasket, she's so angry that a photographer doesn't recognize her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who that is", I answer.

In an flash, Mariah Carey lunges for me, arms straight out, as if she's about to strangle me. The three apes grab her and hold her back. I look at the bodyguards and say

"Thank you...thank you very much"

I stare at her with great consternation, turn and leave. As I'm walking away I hear her screaming at me, at the top of her lungs, a steady litany of curses and bodily threats. I turn and look back at her with pity and shake my head. She damn near goes into spontaneous human combustion.

It was, perhaps, the high point of my career.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
True Story:

As some of you know, I worked for one of the major city newspapers as a photojournalist for 20+ years. I was working nights at one point, and got sent to a big nightclub/concert venue to make some pictures of a well-know group that was performing there. There was a huge crowd. As I'm navigating through the huddled masses with all my cameras, trying to avoid hitting someone with a big lens, I get stopped cold by a huge arm, connected to a huge body, that yells at me

I had walked right past her without noticing (not that I cared). I paused, looked aimlessly around the crowded room and said

"Who?"

Another one of the three muscle-bound body guards with her piped up in his best New Jersey accent and says

There she is, in between them, her eyes getting bigger by the second, and her face starting to turn red with anger.

Now Mariah looks likes she's going to pop a gasket, she's so angry that a photographer doesn't recognize her.

In an flash, Mariah Carey lunges for me, arms straight out, as if she's about to strangle me. The three apes grab her and hold her back. I look at the bodyguards and say

I stare at her with great consternation, turn and leave. As I'm walking away I hear her screaming at me, at the top of her lungs, a steady litany of curses and bodily threats. I turn and look back at her with pity and shake my head. She damn near goes into spontaneous human combustion.

???? Fantastic!
I for one am not a fan, it's just a screaming racket. ?? Bravo thou

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
True Story:

"Who?"

This is exactly how I could see an encounter with her going.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
True Story:

"Who?"

Dan pulled the same stunt on me but I managed to get past my bodyguards and tackle him to the ground. Unfortunately he beat me senseless with his camera. At least I had the satisfaction of bleeding all over his Leica.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
710ifkYhk0L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
True Story:

"Who?"

haha!

Great story Dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.