PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I'd like to say I waited until Christmas morning, but circumstances forced me to crack at the eleventh hour. I'm flying out of town with my family tomorrow afternoon and I'll be damned if I was going to wait until I returned before opening the box from my Secret Santa.

In brief, I made out like a bandit. Mr. Wheeler was unbelievably generous, and gifted me three amazing tobaccos. In addition to Escudo (an absolute favorite of mine), he gave me a tin of Dunhill's Flake, which I've always wanted to try but never have, and a large bag of vintage 2002 Christmas Cheer. If that weren't enough I got a very cool bottle opener that he made himself, and which I've already put to good use on some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Thank you Secret Santa!

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
The gift I sent was delivered to the person yesterday.

I also received my gift: some McClelland samples! The username of this person is unknown. I should have been a bit more clear in my tobacco preferences. I did get a chance to try some McClellands, but I was curious to try some McClelland Virginias. Thank you to this person for including some, and Merry Christmas to all!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I posted earlier in the thread that I asked my wife to peek in my Secret Santa package to see if the tins were gift wrapped. She stated that they were individually wrapped and there was also a poem in the box and told me not to read it. I now understand why...

the poem is full of hints of what was in the box...a pipe, tins and a book. Here is what I received and I couldn't be happier.

My Secret Santa sent me a book about one of my favorite subjects, Early American History. Also two tins of tobacco that are new to me and I'm assuming there is some age on them. The G.L. Pease Westminster has a date stamp on the bottom 122107 and best of all a 1959 Dunhill Root Briar, my birth year.

What a wonderful gift and I am so grateful for my Secret Santa's generosity. Thank you very much Secret Santa and Merry Christmas.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I posted earlier in the thread that I asked my wife to peek in my Secret Santa package to see if the tins were gift wrapped. She stated that they were individually wrapped and there was also a poem in the box and told me not to read it. I now understand why...
View attachment 13440

the poem is full of hints of what was in the box...a pipe, tins and a book. Here is what I received and I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 13441

My Secret Santa sent me a book about one of my favorite subjects, Early American History. Also two tins of tobacco that are new to me and I'm assuming there is some age on them. The G.L. Pease Westminster has a date stamp on the bottom 122107 and best of all a 1959 Dunhill Root Briar, my birth year.

What a wonderful gift and I am so grateful for my Secret Santa's generosity. Thank you very much Secret Santa and Merry Christmas.
Holy effing ballsac! I feel like an ass for barely breaking the rules. Some people are throwing down pretty goddamn heavy! Sweet haul!!!!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well Christmas arrived and in accordance with paragraph 3 subsection 4 of the Secret Santa rules I have now opened my Secret Santa box and examined the contents and will now proceed to post a picture. Firstly I have no idea who the gift giver is but whoever you are thank you very much for you thoughtful and well chosen gift. The two blends are unknown to me in my universe but I really look forward to trying them as a change from my usual rotation. The pipe nail and cleaners will also be very useful. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2020 whoever you are, wherever you may reside!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Simon, you will enjoy both of those blends. Well chosen!

However, I must inform you that you have been selected for a random Secret Santa audit. One of our agents will be dispatched to examine your records and correspondence for compliance. This is in response to new rulemaking from the FTC, the FDA, the ICC and the SEC, all of whom have claimed jurisdiction, not only over our Secret Santa, but over Santa Claus in general. This is just a random spot check, no need to be alarmed by the inspector’s visit, even if it is immediately preceded by a Department of Agriculture SWAT team.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Well Christmas arrived and in accordance with paragraph 3 subsection 4 of the Secret Santa rules I have now opened my Secret Santa box and examined the contents and will now proceed to post a picture. Firstly I have no idea who the gift giver is but whoever you are thank you very much for you thoughtful and well chosen gift. The two blends are unknown to me in my universe but I really look forward to trying them as a change from my usual rotation. The pipe nail and cleaners will also be very useful. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2020 whoever you are, wherever you may reside!

View attachment 13456
I love those tampers!

Opening mine today, hopefully this morning.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Just opened mine up this morning. Awesome! Two Pease blends I have never tried (Kensington and Montgomery, both well aged too) and Pirate Kake, one of my favorites. Thank you so much! Now I need to decide which tin to open this morning. Decisions decisions....

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Secret Santa was VERY generous this year! A tin of 1792 Flake, which I have not tried before, a cob to not fear the Ghost. St Bruno, which I have only sampled before (and enjoyed!). A tin of Dunbar, FVF, and Dark Flake! Some cleaners and a Czech tool. I am very grateful SS from the North (Minnesota). Thank you very much for this kind gift! I wish you, your family and the rest of this wonderful Forum a very Merry Christmas! Now to enjoy some pipe tobacco today!!13459

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Secret Santa was more than generous. Wessex Dark Flake, Davidoff Medallion, Metropolitan 536, Margate, AND...a MM The Emerald Straight (already equipped with a Softee Bit)! Joe, you just want too wild. I feel sorta the cheap bastard in comparison. I definitely will be upping my Santa game next year. Thanks again Santa!

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
My Smokey Santa has exquisite taste! Thank you Michael very much for the kind and thoughtful gifts!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
18576019-orig.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My Secret Santa had the greatest geographical challenge to overcome of any of us. Javan managed to enlist the help of another forum member here in the US to send me the absolute perfect gift: Two blends that I’ve never tried, was unlikely to buy, yet look forward, with great anticipation, to smoking. Perfect picks, brilliant logistics, a Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Javan!

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Thank you Thank you THANK YOU Santa! I will have you know I waited until Christmas to open. The clock said 12:07. It took me until 12:15 to get to the porch with a pipe packed with the Red Eye. The GP-11 and Pure Virginia will follow. I can see I will have to fight Deb for the Prickly Pear Jelly. She reluctantly gave me a small taste before grabbing it back. The habanero sets it off perfectly. I am for sure a grateful and happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.