PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
I wanted to thank Pruss for setting this all up for us, also Low and behold I was able to nab my Secret Santa gift just before any mail troubles incurred, will post pics soon, but let me say thank you to my Secret Santa, and you spoiled me this year.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Last tally pre-Christmas.
Of 41 participants only two have yet to receive their presents and there are tracking numbers tracing Santa's Sleigh as it traverses the farthest distance of our 2016 Gift Exchange. I am confident that these gifts will arrive, if only as Boxing Day or New Year's presents.
Finally, if Santa gets tied up with US Homeland Security or the Canada Border Services Agency, then we have a number of folks ready to step up and send out presents to make up for the fact that a customs agent is smoking those gifts.
This year the Pipes Magazine community was represented by members exchanging gifts from five different countries with the furthest targeting assignment being into and out of Azerbaijan.
Thanks, all of you, for your word, and your goodwill.
Happy Christmas.
-- Pat

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
As promised here is what my Secret Santa spoiled me with,

2 tins of 4th generation

1 tin of Balkan blue

1 tin of great outdoors

1 tin of Bothy flake

1 bag of Lane Limited HS-3

1 bag of pipe cleaners

and one folding pipe tool (not pictured)
20161222_185942-1-600x337.jpg

The leftmost jar is a blend of his own making, Seeming fit since there was no labeling/name given to it I call call it "Santa's blend."

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Keeping with tradition I got to open 1 present today, I opted for the SS box and WOW! Bengal Slice and Squadron Leader have been on my "To Try" list for a while and the Dark Twist has some age on it.
Pretty awesome SS :puffpipe:

imag0394-600x336.jpg

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Opened mine yesterday! :D WOW!!.... I'm Floored! Its a 27 YEAR OLD tin of McClelland's Oriental Mixture #12! I have not smoked this one before, and this is perfect, as I have been on an Oriental binge for most of the year......... Really looking forward to trying this, hard to believe, but I graduated college in 1989!.... Many, Many THANKS to my Secret Santa, and Merry Christmas to all of you!!................. :puffy:
I'm Stoked!!

2Tn0cWN.jpg

And that date!!

Pve9c1x.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@pagan, you got some taste sensations there buddy! That dark twist should be sublime. Best thing to come out of Denmark, apart from Helena Christiansen.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Simon I think you are right, just trying to find the right pipe for the first smoke, Im enjoying the Squadron Leader in a Pot, feeling kinda British with the cold windy rain we have
My secret Santa really hit it out of the park :puffpipe:

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
20161225_153748-600x450.jpg

I opened my Secret Santa gift today and was totally blown away. First, two nice blends I haven't had the pleasure of trying but will very soon. That alone would have been a great gift but then I see a beautiful pipe covered with nice birdseye flanking the bowl on each side. My picture doesn't do this wonderful pipe justice. Not only does it have the looks but the engineering is spot on as well (passes a pipe cleaner with ease). I need to squirrel away some time this evening and get to know this pipe. I am truly thankful to my Secret Santa and his generous gift. Merry Christmas all!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Ash, the Pot just called to me, a friend sampled me some Skiff mix the other day and it was sitting out front so I obliged. I think these 2 will do good in my Zulu's to

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I'm super excited to try these blends out, I've never tried either one before. The yello-bole looks to be a very lovely pipe in hiding. My secret Santa knows I love giving life back to pipes. The pipe stand is also very nice. Thanks Santa!

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
My SS knocked it out of the park. I am so excited to post this pic:
20161226_131016.jpg

Thank you very much SS!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I checked the whole thread, looks like I missed lots of fun. Here is my situation. I sent the parcel to my target on 25th of November and on 13th of December it returned back to me due to some documentation issues. After struggling with the local post office I managed to send it again on 21st of December. I am tracking it and it seems that the box has left my country on 23rd of December. If everything goes smooth it should arrive until 31st of December.
Also I would like to thank Patrick in public for showing extra care and concern and spending extra time for me. Thank you very much, sir. It is highly appreciated. Regarding my SS, I haven't received anything yet. I guess I will be the last one receiving his gift this year. :crying:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Jvnshr definitely gets the award for most sticktuitiveness this year. Thanks, sir, for bird-dogging your parcel and pushing it through all the red tape. As to your present, we have tracking to the departure from the US. I'll send you the tracking number this afternoon to see if you have any luck locating it through local tracking services. You will not go without! No present gets left behind!
-- Pat

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
:roll: Thanks a lot, Pat. And thanks to our local post office, it took some time for me to send the box. I swear to God, the lady at the post office was working like Stanley in Sherlock Holmes. She was very helpful though, couldn't have made it without her :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI4trhYnsSg

Status
Not open for further replies.