PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Let's have a hearty round of applause for our freight station manager, Pat. It's a tedious job organizing this great tradition of exchange among fellow pipers, but Pat has embraced his duties with exceptional enthusiasm and executed his duties with great aplomb. Who else would be able to give us exact stats on delivery? That's pretty amazing.
Huzzah, Pat!

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
Psa for whoever is my secret Santa, If your package hasn't arrived yet as of 12-16-16, I will not be able to show the contents, nor express my gratitude due to my housings mail services, and myself taking a holiday till 1-10-17. I express my deepest apologies to whoever is my ss for this.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Let's have a hearty round of applause for our freight station manager, Pat.
Yes indeed, thank you Pat. I very much enjoy this even without the anticipation/panic of last year. I'm looking forward to this again next year and it isn't even Christmas yet. :clap:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Thanks Pat for both the time and effort that goes into this. You're singlehandedly responsible for much Holiday cheer and comradery. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Dutch

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Thanks Pat for all your hard work. Glad I got in it this year; I was just a plebe last year. 8)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It truly is my pleasure, lads.
This year has been a relatively easy exchange to manage. I've been truly impressed with the integrity of this group over the years. This is the second year I've herded the exchange cats and I get more pleasure watching you guys surprise and delight each other than I ever did exchanging presents.
-- Pat

Jun 4, 2014

I opened my Secret Santa package this weekend. A big thank you to Lincolnsbark for the great package. Three great blends and a soft case for cleaners. The unlabeled tin is C&D Virginia Spice with a 2010 manufacture date. I couldn't resist popping it open an having a bowl. Wow what a great smoke!
And a big thanks to Pruss for putting this all together!

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Got mine last week was going to try and wait till christmas, but I broke down. WOW! thats all I have words for. I wish that I could ever get pics to post. Thank You Santa!!!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I feel badly now. We do secret santa in my family with there being far more children than anyone could buy for and the price/gift # limits are steadfast rules. Apparently here they are less "rule" and more "absolute minimum". Sorry Skraps :( my bad

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I feel badly now. We do secret santa in my family with there being far more children than anyone could buy for and the price/gift # limits are steadfast rules. Apparently here they are less "rule" and more "absolute minimum". Sorry Skraps :( my bad
Now, now, Nate, there's no need for feeling down. This exchange has always been a, "2) Agree to send a gift of two (2) sealed tobacco tins, pouches, etc. of 50g each (or the equivalent volume of tobacco in sealed condition), incurring costs for the present and shipping." exchange.
Anything that folks choose to send above and beyond that is on them, and there is no pressure to do any more. We all know this when we sign up, and when we sign up we do so with the understanding that this is about sharing and fellowship and community.
So let yourself off the hook, my friend.
Happy Holidays!
-- Pat

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Nate, sometimes in the commercial hustle and bustle that has become Christmas, it's hard to remember, it is not about what you give but rather that you give at all. To take on an additional task when one's schedule already has more "to dos" than there is time for is the real gift. What you send is but a symbol. The fact that someone troubled themselves for my sake is what warms my heart and reminds me that there is still goodness in humanity and that, my friend, is the real Christmas gift.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My Secret Santa landed. I'm extremely excited since none of these are available here in the States. I received Full Virginia PLUG, St. James PLUG and Brown Pigtail X Sweet ROPE.....WOOHOO!!!! Thank you Santa!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
What you send is but a symbol. The fact that someone troubled themselves for my sake is what warms my heart and reminds me that there is still goodness in humanity and that, my friend, is the real Christmas gift.
Well said, G-man.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.