PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Are you getting it already dried. Doing anything else to it?
The stuff I’m referring to I grew myself. After curing, I dried down and put in a jar for 8months to age (I didn’t have a kiln set up last season). I then stoved for 24hrs and then pressed for another 24.

I have smoked it fresher and while still good it has much more of a cigar vibe about it.

I have also purchased whole leaf burley/Maryland and processed in a similar fashion. You can smoke that straight but it’s a bit too full on for me.

I’ve heard you can smoke king B twist chew if you are after something already prepared. I’ve never done so however.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I'm surprised to hear that, but what do I know, after all. But when I lived in NC, bacca was strictly regulated as to which fields could be planted, how much in that field, etc. The stripped stalks had to be left standing until a government inspector could certify how many plants had been harvested. Farmers would buy/sell allotments just like developers do with wetland permits.
This had more to do with requirements for subsidies that, basically no longer exist.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cosmic', whoa, you can't even gift tobacco? That's pretty strict. It would be so easy to hand over a little to a pipe smoking friend, then oops, here's comes the swat team. Even during Prohibiton in the U.S., making beer or wine for home use was legal. I'm not sure about gifting it.

Reactions: Nate77

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
cosmic', whoa, you can't even gift tobacco? That's pretty strict. It would be so easy to hand over a little to a pipe smoking friend, then oops, here's comes the swat team. Even during Prohibiton in the U.S., making beer or wine for home use was legal. I'm not sure about gifting it.
Yep same here in NZ with tobacco and home brew. There is a tax exemption for personal use, but as soon as the product is gifted, sold or traded it becomes illegal.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
It can't be, because everybody already knows the ultimate steak is a 60-day dry aged, Prime grade, 1.5-inch thick, medium rare, charcoal grilled NY Strip, so there's nothing about that topic that can really be discussed. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.