PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
While cleaning up the garage today, I uncovered a set of cobs marked for an A/B taste test of Conor Plug and a War Horse prototype blend. This goes back to before War Horse Bar was released, maybe 2013. Russ had sent me some samples to try, and as it was the dead of winter, I retired to the garage to imbibe. Skip ahead a few years, and there the pipes are, just as I had left them. I lit the Condor pipe...perfectly enjoyable. Maybe even more so, with a few years of topping evaporation on it.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
That’s amazing! Man, had one of the dogs nock a cob loaded with War Horse Bar that I had only smoked a 1/4 of behind my very heavy fire pit. That was last winter. The wife and I while prepping this winter for back porch smoking, moved the fire pit to clean behind it. There was my pipe I had forgotten about! Not to be one that throws out anything, I fired it up........yeah, was less than stellar. Smoked it anyway though!10615

Cool DGT find!!!
I was smoking some War Horse last night, and it must have been the topping, but I started to get a chemical feeling headache and a little dizzy, so I went outside for some fresh air and ended up caught in traffic like a wide-eyed, freaked out kitten dodging cars. But, after a few minutes all sweaty and shaking, I realized that it was just the neighbor's Christmas lights. puffy You have to be careful with the War Horse.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Cool DGT find!!!
I was smoking some War Horse last night, and it must have been the topping, but I started to get a chemical feeling headache and a little dizzy, so I went outside for some fresh air and ended up caught in traffic like a wide-eyed, freaked out kitten dodging cars. But, after a few minutes all sweaty and shaking, I realized that it was just the neighbor's Christmas lights. puffy You have to be careful with the War Horse.
TBF, you probably Frank-method packed it too. :)rotf

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Some RCBS (some of their dies and I just bought a new ProMelt), but my presses are Dillon and Lee. Been eyeing the RCBS electronic powder dispenser, though.
-sigh- There are a lot of times I do very much wish I could still shoot. Damned arthritis. I had to give it up when it got to the point that I couldn't even shoot a cylinder of squib loads (piddling 3 gr of Bullseye over a 148-gr wadcutter [sigh2]) in the old Blackhawk without turning my middle knuckle black & blue. :(

That beauty was God's own tackdriver. 7.5" barrel, restocked with hand-finished Herrett Shooting Ace slabs, & of course a trigger job. I could put 6 out of 6 dead center in a paint can at 50 yds offhand. :) That thing was sweet.....

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
-sigh- There are a lot of times I do very much wish I could still shoot. Damned arthritis. I had to give it up when it got to the point that I couldn't even shoot a cylinder of squib loads (piddling 3 gr of Bullseye over a 148-gr wadcutter [sigh2]) in the old Blackhawk without turning my middle knuckle black & blue. :(

That beauty was God's own tackdriver. 7.5" barrel, restocked with hand-finished Herrett Shooting Ace slabs, & of course a trigger job. I could put 6 out of 6 dead center in a paint can at 50 yds offhand. :) That thing was sweet.....

I can't imagine anything scarier than you with a gun Bill! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Cool DGT find!!!
So that was you I saw stumbling in the lights.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

I really enjoy my 10/22 nowadays. And the AR in 300AAC is a joy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.