PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

frankrizzo

Lurker
Sep 8, 2018
Atlanta
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

As my wife and I have started to pack up the house for the upcoming move, it finally came time to start boxing up the various tins and jars of tobacco. Purchased bit by bit over the years, she never paid much attention. But now that it was all in one box, my loving and patient wife finally exclaimed, as Desi once said to Lucille- “you got some ‘splainin to do”. Haha

08DDA269-03CB-44DD-A8C7-F59A3BE2AD63.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
And I should add that I know this box pales in to comparison to many member’s collection, but I’ve only been at it for two or so years and our current living space is a 1 bedroom, 800 sq. ft. apartment.
That's a nice stash you have there! Just tell her how happy it makes you. She'll just smile and give you a big hug and walk away..... ?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Well dear, it’s either pipes & tobacco or gambling and drinking at the strip joint ... but now that I think about it maybe I should cut back on the tobacco a bit so I can get out and meet some new friends.

She will be bookmarking tobacco sites on the computer faster than you can say “tucking bucks”. ?

frankrizzo

Lurker
Sep 8, 2018
Atlanta
Yes, there is a basic rule and it is NEVER DRAW ATTENTION TO YOUR ENTIRE STASH AT ONCE! Various cache locations around the house is a good trick.

My old man once told me that a person learns by one of three ways: some learn through reading, while others learn by observation, and then there are those that just have to piss on the electric fence themselves.

It seems I have an uncanny attraction to the third option.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
My old man once told me that a person learns by one of three ways: some learn through reading, while others learn by observation, and then there are those that just have to piss on the electric fence themselves.

It seems I have an uncanny attraction to the third option.
Well pissing on an electric fence would certainly be a great momentary distraction if someone noticed your stash, I guess install electric fences around your tobacco piles so as to be ready for any situation.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I bought my home at 17. Had nothing to move in other than clothes from the car that I lived in for several months. That was the same year that I took up smoking a pipe so that has grown with me and the house. Met my wife ten years later.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Show her some of the photos of Forum members' cellars! Or maybe not. I empathize with your moving. That is one of the most disruptive events in life. I'd keep a select group of pipes in your immediate custody, and maybe blends as well. If you lost the whole kit, as sometimes happens, it would drive you nuts. My wife had an apartment in the city, that she had to consolidate in her small house on Long Island after the apartment was sold, and both those household were then moved here. We've never conquered the unpacking, though we try.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've rented the same house for 16 years. Far as I knew they'd bury me in the backyard. Well, my landlord sold the place out from under me and I have to move. I have until 8/15 to vacate, so I've done more staring than filling boxes.

Hate f*cking moving!! Hate!! Hate!!

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

As my wife and I have started to pack up the house for the upcoming move, it finally came time to start boxing up the various tins and jars of tobacco. Purchased bit by bit over the years, she never paid much attention. But now that it was all in one box, my loving and patient wife finally exclaimed, as Desi once said to Lucille- “you got some ‘splainin to do”. Haha

View attachment 33791
Nice stash ?