PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
Just curious as to whether anyone of you have ever been to this shop? Looks a decent selection. I plan on running up there soon, possibly today.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
So I went to this shop today and I have to say I was pretty amazed. They had a great selection of pipes anywhere from $30-$4000. Many brands I’ve not yet heard of. And, they actually blend their own pipe tobacco. The owners couldn’t have been nicer and more helpful. Apparently the place has been there for eons. If your anywhere within and a couple hours I suggest taking some time to check it out. It’s on Chestnut St.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I went there a few years ago and was turned off by their policy; cigar smokers are welcome to light up in the little upstairs area, pipe smokers are not. A lot of places that sell cigars do this. It's their right, of course, just as it's mine to not patronize them.

By the way, for anyone who wants to visit the Tobacco Shop it's located in Ridgewood, not Ridgefield. Both are in Bergen County, but Ridgewood is about 30 minutes north and west of Ridgefield.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
Correct on the address, my bad. The owner walked around the shop the whole time smoking a pipe so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let you smoke.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
The owner walked around the shop the whole time smoking a pipe so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let you smoke.

That’s good to hear. Maybe I’ll give them another shot; it’s only 15 minutes from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.