PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
I would concur with the recommendations for HH Old Dark Fired and some of the SG/GH blends. One that I didn't see mentioned is GH Brown Twist, which is, I believe, Brown Bogie that has been thinly sliced in a curly cut; this one is strong in the flavor department, in a very umami way. No added flavorings - just a good strong tobacco flavor.

Reactions: vosBghos

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Strongest blend I have is called Rustica, I think. I'm still waiting to open it. Looking at the old reviews, it seems have come out in May of 2020. Have one more year left.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Any suggestions for adding more chest hair? I've been smoking Rustica with black coffee but no luck. Looking for an Austin Powers type situation

If Rustica won't do it, I don't think anything will. I'm looking for a blend that will make my ear hair stop growing. I'm thinking some Capt Black Grape might do it.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
GH Brown Bogie. Closest thing I have found to a Cuban.

005-001-0004.jpg

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Five Brothers and Irish Flake are stout and flavorful burleys. @justscience gifted me some Rum Twist that was also strong (and smoked in a small pipe as suggested) and flavorful.

I tend to add Five Brothers to aromatics to give them a little more punch.

Dark fired Virginia blends also have strong flavors (and is in Irish Flake).
Righto on the Five Brothers whew!

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Lots of good classics here.

G&H Dark Plug / Dark Flake (aromatic or not) is stronger imho than HH Bold Kentucky (which is stronger than ODF).

The G&H ropes and plugs are generally pretty stout. If you can get Dark Plug Rum it was a favourite (I can't find it now). Warhorse Bar has definitely got some kick.

Also G&H Dark Birdseye or Kendal Dark (both v.thin shag) are also deceptively strong and lovely satisfying smokes (also more frequently available).

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
The strongest I have smoked is Rustica, and I really don’t care for the flavor much.
I really enjoy Gawith, Hogarth & Co. blends and find Dark Plug to be the strongest. I also enjoy Dark Flake (scented and unscented), all the ropes, Dark Birds Eye, Kendal Dark and Kendal Kentucky. I suggest giving any of them a try.

Reactions: Puff nstuff

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
Thanks, everyone. Although my request was poorly worded - I meant to ask for fullest/boldest flavor and not strength in terms of nicotine conveyed - it’s still been a very interesting and productive discussion.

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
Thanks, everyone. Although my request was poorly worded - I meant to ask for fullest/boldest flavor and not strength in terms of nicotine conveyed - it’s still been a very interesting and productive discussion.
For bold flavors I would suggest Gaslight or War Horse Green.

Reactions: coys

damacene

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Strongest thing I've ever tried - chopped up rustica mixed with a little dark fired at a friend's tobacco blending event.
Strongest thing I've tried and enjoyed: Either Jacknife plug or 10 Russians depending on if you mean taste or nicotine hit.