24 Fresh Barling Pipes
18 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
I re-watched the Straight Story last night. Very much enjoyed it the first time but now that I am 20 or so years older, I appreciated it even more. It's a rather sentimental (almost Hallmark like) film for Lynch. I guess the fact that Alvin Straight actually made that trip on his lawnmower makes it all that more engrossing, although, I suspect a lot of what happened along the way was embellished which is fine by me. The Badalamenti soundtrack was beautiful too.

Has anyone here driven their John Deer a couple hundred miles to buy some tobacco?

Jan 27, 2020
Richard Farnsworth and Harry Dean Stanton are legends, IMO, so anything with either or both of them is better because of them.

I agree and think Farnsworth should of won an Oscar for that film although I don't think the Oscars really mean much when you look back and see who won awards and who didn't.

Stanton was great in Paris, Texas, wonder if he won anything for that?

Jan 27, 2020
I saw it, and it was so emotional, my eyes were wet almost all of the time, Hollywood wouldn’t know a true feeling or emotion if it flew on the tip of their nose, FUCK HOLLYWOOD!

Yea, I cried too and it felt good!

Sadly this movie cost 10mil to make and only grossed 6mil in US theaters.

• Love
Reactions: tbradsim1