PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Been looking to try some of these blends for a while now but I can't seem to find them on the P&C website. Are they no longer being offered or am I just blind?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Novelist, I bought a tin of each when they first came out. They were opened, test smoked, and put in jars at the time. I'm downsizing my cellar, if you're interested. Email mcitinner1@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2011
They were a P&C exclusive, a reissue of some Old Mel Feldman blends. They just came out a year or two ago I believe.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
If you had any favorites among The Smoker blends, it's possible to have Russ make you a batch has he has the recipe book. But there's a one pound minimum, I think. Russ was kind enough to make me five pounds of Easy Chair, one of my favorites of Mel's blends.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I remember Mel's webpage. Does anyone have a copy of the names and descriptions of the blends that were listed there?

May 31, 2012
I have a copy of the old P&T that featured Mel's shop,

photos of the interior show an incredibly cool and wonderful tin collection,

oh how I would have loved to visit that joint and have a good chat with him!

:puffy:

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
It was an impressive looking shop that I believe was there since the 1930s-beautiful woodwork and fixtures. I unfortunately don't remember a lot since it was about 20 years ago when I was there and not a pipe smoker at the time. He was closing up the b&m part of his operation and I bought my first box of cigars there. I do remember the porcelain sink-like bowl he used to mix the tobacco in.

Scott Bendett from Habana Premium/Pipes and cigars then operated a second shop out of there for a bit. He then sold it to a guy named Roger who let it slide downhill until it closed in the early 2000s.

May 31, 2012
Orobusto,

many thanks for the info.
I've looked at those photos in the article with a magnifying glass LOL and I just love how he had them displayed!

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
@misterlowercase

Wish I had a better recollection. Last I heard, Mr. Feldman still lived in Albany. He must be around 80 now. Would love to hear him featured on the radio show.

May 31, 2012
Wish I had a better recollection. Last I heard, Mr. Feldman still lived in Albany. He must be around 80 now. Would love to hear him featured on the radio show.
That would be awesome,

I'm sure that he has some good tales to tell

and his knowledge base is undoubtedly immense.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Derfargin, I'm happy that you like Easy Chair. I'm happy that I have some put away to mellow. It's a fine English blend. I have some wonderful conversations with Mel. He's a very knowledgeable pipeman and was a superb blender.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I went back and looked at the P&T article. I thought it was interesting that Mel had 17 of his blends tinned and 70 in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.