PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I cut off 25% of my man cave to put in a woodshop. The computer that's dominated my life since the early 90's, both professionally and recreationally had to stop. It's been six months splitting the heavy cellaring and building the shop has been a struggle. Now that the year's mad cellaring is over, all the funds are going into the shop, finishing and upgrading the tools. My first shop in the 80’s was all top-shelf and purchased. This time has been more rewarding having to scrimp and build most things, waking up those old unused brain cells :crying:
The secret to a small shop is mobility; keep all you can on wheels. I hope this isn’t boring but shows how in life you can spend 20 years with your hands creating things, then 20 in the cyber world and returning to the past. Now I find it more rewarding actually holding what you’ve created rather than seeing it on a screen. I’ve taken it to the point of cutting and milling wood from trees I felled 15 years ago.
1tI0zVc.jpg

5qfJnkn.jpg

Now with a hold on cellaring, my first trip to the mill yields a large load of exotic woods.
cfqLWPh.jpg

Today I'm finishing my router table. Getting ready to cut the inlay plate and finish the base.
qkD07SU.jpg

I hope to get the first set of pipe rack designs finished next week and off to the B&M. I have a big box from Tim West that will get some action in a month or so. :puffy:
Craig

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Craig.looking good! Although not a large shop--I wish I had that much room. Not hard to see that you have put a lot of work into it. I agree--wheels are good!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mighty nice. Looks like some serious potential right at hand. My wife gave me a 42 pipe rack for Christmas,

and it made us both mighty happy. She's now commenting on how pipes are works of art, which was not

so apparent with many of them toppled in baskets and such. She's picking up on the different shapes and

textures. She's bought me some beauties, but it was all my world, until now. It sounds like a good transition

from the chip world to ... the chip world! Different chips, to be sure. There are some lovely exotic woods

available now. Are you doing pipes, or racks and furniture?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Craig, looking good bruddah...You'll produce good stuff regardless of what you have to work with...

Status
Not open for further replies.