PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I just discovered a post from a gentleman named John here in the forum about the hot water flush method of cleaning pipes, and all the folks who just couldn't bring themselves to try it and all that. I don't blame em'. That's why I grabbed my dirtiest, old valiant H.I.S. and immediately went to the sink with it and put hot water through the chamber before I could second guess it.

Glad I did! This pipe is so effing clean, the first bowl of OJK tasted better than it's ever tasted. I will be hot water flushing my pipes regularly now.

For those of you who just can't bear to do it, stop thinking and just do it! You will not be sorry.

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Meh, I enjoy my ghosts: my empty pipes sitting there in the rack smell wonderfully.
I never thought my pipes smelled bad or anything like that, I'm just surprised at how much tastier and clear the smoke is after cleaning them this way, I never got that with the alcohol and salt method even. I just did it with 3 more of my pipes and smoked bowls in all of them and leaf tastes even better than it did. We can all be just fine enjoying things the way we always have, but if someone ever shared something with that might make the experience even better, I would probably try it.

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I've been cleaning my pipes for 50 years and I'm concerned that my body would go into a panic if I did it another way.
I understand, when I first did it this evening I chose a pipe I wasn't overly attached to, and like I said, I had to do it quick before I could talk myself out of it, but I'm glad I took the risk. Ive done 5 pipes since I just started this thread, and I've smoked bowls in each of them and they tasted much better, even ones that got the alcohol and salt not too long ago. I've been using salt and everclear like everyone else for a long time, and this method did just as good -- if not better -- and it took literally one minute of my time. I doubt I'll ever need ever clear and salt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.