PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I haven't done any business with them but met them in Chicago. Nice guys, very interested in Mid/High end pipes. They want to place an emphasis on featuring carvers that may not be available everywhere.
For artisan made pipes, their prices aren't too bad.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Haven't bought from them, but it's a great group of pipe makers, including Forums member, Wayne Teipen. I look at the site from time to time to see what's for sale.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have not done business with them yet, but I do check to see what they have fairly often. Other than Wayne, I am not familiar with the other three makers. I noticed the owners had a nice write up on Wayne, but I could find no info on the other three. other than their own words. When they first went on line they were not listing the weights of their pipes and I emailed them and told them how important that was to me, one of the guys got back to me within 5 minutes and said they would be adding the weights which they have done. I was very impressed with his timely response to my question. Their tobacco prices are competitive and they have a decent selection for just starting out. I think the site is set up very well with clear pictures and good descriptions.
I would like to know a lot more about these new pipe makers before I ever laid down 3-400 on one of their pipes. How long have they been carving is one thing I want to know, how many pipes have they made, how many have they sold, a gallery of their sold pipes would be very useful to me. I have a tough time taking a chance on a new artisan when I can buy a Rad Davis pipe for the same kind of money. I know what I am getting with a Rad, and I am not into taking a shot in the dark with 400 of my money. I would like to see testimonials about the other artisans.
I took a shot with a newer artisan one time and was not that happy with the results so someone's experience is very important to me. I do wish these guys all the best success as we can never have too many resources for quality pipes, but more info is needed in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.