PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
After comments from the people on the Pipe Makers Forum, that large, hairy, Bigfoot bastard really gave me a whumpin, so I decided to take the accumulation of wise and kind comments to heart and well, re-make it.
Here it is. I got a little impatient bending the acrylic stem, one cannot be impatient whilst heating acrylic, and because I did not listen to what I knew, I got too impatient and the bottom of the stem rippled on me a bit.
The brass ring(s) are a double layer: The outer is a 3/16" brass tube, the inner brass is a 1/16" solid brass rod.
Being the stoic individual I am, I only cried and pulled out a little bit of what remaining hair I have. A modest finger of single malt did improve my mood.
The ring material is made from the Recon stone shown in the picture of the material I purchase from Masecraft. It is a synthetic stone. This one is called White Turquoise.

Xxv0Tx1.jpg

4DXT3sd.jpg

pM1C7cP.jpg

vwvTYLU.jpg

wSuAZHT.jpg

gjeI4TF.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I had just looked at your website within the last 5 minutes before catching this thread, and I saw this pipe there in its original form. I didn't see it as it appears here. (unless there are two with that grain?)
I like the re-work, and the new stem goes well. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.