The Perfect Pipe is _______. Please Share Your Picture?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
New Cigars
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzi101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 18, 2019
California, USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

As a new piper, I’ve quickly come to realize why many pipers haVe a large collection of pipes. In my novice and humble opinion.... It’s the search.... the search for the pipe that feels so right in your hand and between you teeth Or... perhaps it’s the search to find a smoker that delivers a cool, dry smoke from start to finish and is a pure joy in delivering as a tool to produce the smoking pleasure.

Is perfection attainable? It’s in the eye of the beholder of course and I’m up for the challenge.

i find myself frequently scanning online pipe stores and eBay.... searching for a pipe to sing to me.

is it possible to find that grail? To find that 1 pipe that satisfies beyond all others?

While I wonder aloud, I’m thinking no... and I think that fine. It’s the journey that’s often the most fun...

Have you found your holy grail pipe that brings you comfort and satisfaction above all others?

if yes, I’d be so curious to know what ‘s the reason this pipe sits above all
Others?

Would love to see a picture too. I haven’t found mine yet, but will share her when.... errr, if i do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bnichols23

Dandy Pipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
For me, ideally, the perfect pipe is the simplest and most functional one possible. I prefer straight, in medium size, classic shape. Not too heavy or too bulky, which is fine in all situations and with any type of tobacco you want to smoke at that time.
For these reasons as an example of balance in the proportions of a classic shape I say the Dunhill 3103, however any similar model of any brand is fine for me, I used Dunhill because it is a classic and well-known brand and its models and sizes are easily cataloged.

I'm sure everyone has their favorite specs, based on their personal tastes and experiences. For me often the rule applies that the more simple and balanced the more I can focus on everything else and not only on the object, the greater the satisfaction. But for others it could be completely different ...

Attachments

• 004-002-4264.jpg
    004-002-4264.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 12

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As a new piper, I’ve quickly come to realize why many pipers haVe a large collection of pipes. In my novice and humble opinion.... It’s the search.... the search for the pipe that feels so right in your hand and between you teeth Or... perhaps it’s the search to find a smoker that delivers a cool, dry smoke from start to finish and is a pure joy in delivering as a tool to produce the smoking pleasure.

Is perfection attainable? It’s in the eye of the beholder of course and I’m up for the challenge.

i find myself frequently scanning online pipe stores and eBay.... searching for a pipe to sing to me.

is it possible to find that grail? To find that 1 pipe that satisfies beyond all others?

While I wonder aloud, I’m thinking no... and I think that fine. It’s the journey that’s often the most fun...

Have you found your holy grail pipe that brings you comfort and satisfaction above all others?

if yes, I’d be so curious to know what ‘s the reason this pipe sits above all
Others?

Would love to see a picture too. I haven’t found mine yet, but will share her when.... errr, if i do.
Any well drilled pipe is the perfect pipe. It's the smoker that has the greatest affect on the experience.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
The perfect pipe changes from time to time for me. Sometimes I smoke nothing but a cobb, next week it may be falcons all week or Dunhills the next. For what ever reason, for me, it varies according to my mood, the weather, the tabacco, what I'm watching on Netflix, what hat I'm wearing....you get the idea.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Right now it's my Altinok LVC pipe which I received yesterday. I'm having fun determining which blend/gender smokes best in it.
vc1053a-1200x675.jpg
Normally it's my 2016 Savinelli St. Nick 606 which smokes any blend like a charm and has the best mechanics of any pipe I own.
004-006-22948.5368.jpg

Reactions: bnichols23 and dcon

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
The perfect pipe has been every pipe i bought until i bought the next one. Now its the one i have packed and ready to relax with. A pipe in the hand is worth 2 "perfect" 1's on a website lol. Enjoy and buy the pipes that haunt your dreams and it will all work out.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Haven’t settled down yet, still playing the field though trying to exercise restraint. I am starting to ask, why am I still playing the field? Then I see a pipe or lot of pipes that seems like such a deal, and I wonder why restraint is necessary?

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
They don't make it. Dunhill straight grained 6103 Bruyere billiard in the vibrant burgundy they used to make it in, not the dried blood color they use now, with a hold machine turned band.

Status
Not open for further replies.