The Perfect, Inexpensive Yet Classy, Travel Kit (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
For years, one of my passions has been drawing.
Whenever I travel I usually take a bunch of pencils and art supplies with me, specially when I go fishing or hunting.
Pictured here is the Derwent pencil wrap I usually take with me.
It suddenly dawned on me that it would be perfect as a pipe travel kit, and I had a spare one.
It will hold four medium sized pipes, tamper, lighter and unlimited pipe cleaners. Or three large pipes Or, packed tightly, 5 medium sized pipes.
I think it even looks classy, and they can be found on ebay for under $9 plus shipping.

I believe it a very tough to beat deal!
Just add your favorite tobacco pouch or a couple of tins and you are all set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derwent-Pencil-Wrap-Canvas-Travel-Roll-Case-for-Artists-Empty-/161738883041?hash=item25a8637fe1:g:bacAAOSwv0tVJ-MQ
I wish I had realized about this use for my pencil wrap before getting my very serviceable, yet ugly, Big Ben man purse...
Cheers,
J
1_zpsstv08s5x.jpg

2_zps2nezdnzi.jpg

3_zpsaurky349.jpg

4_zpstm1oxfv0.jpg

5_zpsyb6uzjqk.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice compact little bundle for taking along the pipes. Sometimes improvisation is the way to go.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I have seen these online and thought it might work, but afraid to pull the trigger and wind up with something useless. Might be worth another look.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
@bungee, a great improvisation. I'm sure it works well and seems very practical:) Like Thomas Edison said, "Necessity is the mother of invention". God bless necessity;)

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Great Idea, Bungee. I have a brush carrier that might work, I'll take a look at it. Thanks :D

mgvsquared

Lurker
Jan 25, 2016
Wow, that's amazing. Just used some Amazon rewards and picked one up for a total of like $7 USD. Thanks for the idea. I might be using this more than my zip up case.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
I'm glad you like the idea guys.
And I like its looks very much too. It has that rugged look that we outdoors-men favor.
It looks way cooler than my Big Ben man purse.
Cheers,
J

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Awesome idea. I'm not terribly fond of most of the travel pipe cases I see. They dont look very good, or they're too small, etc etc. That looks great, and it holds enough pipes & stuff to keep you well supplied.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for the heads up, Bungee. When I went to the two main art supply dealers I generally use for supplies, surprise.... they were out or not available. Picked one up off your e-bay post.
Brush carrier was just too long.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Glad you could put the idea to good use guys!
Post your experiences with these pencil wraps. Would like to know if you found them as useful as I did.
Cheers,
J

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Juan:
Mine came in the mail today. Great idea and thanks for the share! (Off next month for a trade show in Vegas.)
Fnord

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Glad you liked it Jim.
Let me know how it works for you and good luck on that trade show.
And do not forget you pipes!
Cheers,
J

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. Thanks for a great suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.