SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Are you bothered much about all the time that has gone by? I use to rarely think about it and remember how all these old people would tell me when I was young how time flies and roll my eyes. Now I think to tell the youth the same thing but know that they must learn like I did.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Granted I’m only 42, but it doesn’t bother me wants behind or what time was lost. If I felt something was lost, I’d revisit it or make the best of it. I mostly look forward and hope to accomplish things in life but I’m ok if I don’t either. I accept my own mortality and what time I have at life.

Not at all bothered. I’m engaged with my grandchildren and desire to encourage them and support them as much as possible.
Told all of my kids that I DO NOT want grandkids. However, they may bring their dogs to stay with me all they want. I will gladly watch their dogs for weeks at a time. But, I have NO interest in changing diapers or even holding one of them sticky stinky things ever again.
So far, so good.

But, really…. as long as my kids are happy, I’m happy. Just no more f’n babies.

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Are you bothered much about all the time that has gone by? I use to rarely think about it and remember how all these old people would tell me when I was young how time flies and roll my eyes. Now I think to tell the youth the same thing but know that they must learn like I did.
Not to say bothered, we learn from our past, and look forward. I always tell myself, don't ever regret of the decision made, and don't ever regret in life. Regrets made us stay in the past. My life has gone through up and down, sometimes I do look back though, but it's more like a reading a history story. We learn the mistake from the past, adjust it, fix it, and continue walking the path without making the same mistake from the past. My wife and I are at the age of 43 now, and we don't have any kids, but so what? We are Buddhist, we accepted the faith, we continue doing things that we like to do together, and life goes on ?

Jan 27, 2020
Not to say bothered, we learn from our past, and look forward. I always tell myself, don't ever regret of the decision made, and don't ever regret in life. Regrets made us stay in the past. My life has gone through up and down, sometimes I do look back though, but it's more like a reading a history story. We learn the mistake from the past, adjust it, fix it, and continue walking the path without making the same mistake from the past. My wife and I are at the age of 43 now, and we don't have any kids, but so what? We are Buddhist, we accepted the faith, we continue doing things that we like to do together, and life goes on ?

Buddhism made a lot of sense to me once I was open to learning about it. My favorite dharma teacher is Gil Fronsdal and listening to his lectures gave me a lot of comfort at a low time. Have you ever seen The Buddha documentary narrated by Richard Gere? It's surprisingly good.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I'm by no means as old as some of you, close in age to some and older than a few others.

I don't feel old, well I lie... I do physically, but not mentally... but when I stop and think about it, that's a different story.

Some things that happened in the 90's and early 2000's seem like they didn't happen to long ago... until I look at the date.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Told all of my kids that I DO NOT want grandkids. However, they may bring their dogs to stay with me all they want. I will gladly watch their dogs for weeks at a time. But, I have NO interest in changing diapers or even holding one of them sticky stinky things ever again.
So far, so good.

But, really…. as long as my kids are happy, I’m happy. Just no more f’n babies.
Hopefully they will comply. You’d make a horrible grandfather. Cheers bro

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I'm by no means as old as some of you, close in age to some and older than a few others.

I don't feel old, well I lie... I do physically, but not mentally... but when I stop and think about it, that's a different story.

Some things that happened in the 90's and early 2000's seem like they didn't happen to long ago... until I look at the date.
Same here. Lot of stuff happened between 2000 and 2011