PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
My local tobacco shop on Wilshire, Santa Monica. Been going there since '65.
DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
That's great, I have always wanted to visit there. I don't know about that location, but most of the Tinder Box locations I have visited do not allow photography inside the store.
they post up pictures on some of their store websites, so I'd think that it would only draw business to them with the free advertising you would be doing. :)

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Funny I forgot about that place. When i saw the picture I thought "I know that shop?" I haven't been to santa monica since I started smoking a pipe. Ill have to go there. I live in Echo Park. Not to far. Thanks for the reminder pictures. Its very cute looking shop.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
really cool, thanks for posting the pics. Would love to visit there someday. The owner would think I was completely crazy.. I'd ask him if I could paint and work on the building for free, lol.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
It certainly could use some touching up, but in a way it ads to its charm. There is a really nice very old sign on the west side of the building that is just covered with graffiti, so I didn't post that part.
Hey, Manytrees, I listened to your music on Amazon, very cool and a rich, round flute tone! And thanks for your kind words...
echopipe, I love Echo Park, I have gone there many a time and paddled around the lake. Maybe a drive out to Santa Monica would be good, you can walk around and smoke your pipe, but not at the beach! RULES!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for the pics pdmus.
I have to visit out there one day. I understand that they get a lot of celebrity, TV and movie star clientele. That location is where Michael Gladis (formerly of Mad Men) gets his favorite Cavendish tobacco.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
There is a cigar shop on Fairfax and Third in LA. This is the shop where Stravinsky, Thomas Mann, Arnold Schoenberg nad who knows who else bought their cigars! I once saw Stravinsky and his wife, Vera there. You just have to act sort of cool... LA and the area has all kinds of celebrities and you just have to casually walk on by. Lots of name dropping goes on. I work as an orchestrator often at Warner Bros., Universal and Disney and you just have to be....cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.