PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I don't know about Swedish matches. I used to be able get a brand called Criterion that I thought were the best strike on box matches going. They were made in the Soviet Union. I haven't seen them for better than 7 years. I miss them. The matches were good and the box was cool.
Mike S.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Blatter & Blatter in Montreal sell those
2eeal8k.jpg

rm1xmf.jpg

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I don't mean to thread-jack, but I'm glad to have long ago evolved from that video.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"How to smoke"— that video?
It's not exactly what I do, but not way off base AFAIK. Please, what are the important things you have learned to do differently?

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I like using matches but the cost per light is too high. Those Swedish Matches are particularly expensive, $14.20 for three boxes of 45 on Amazon.com. Diamond Strike Anywhere kitchen matches (a mere spark of what they used to be) come in at around a penny per light.
I've been using bees wax/hemp wick to light my pipe for the past week. It seems to work very nicely.Of course you still have to light the wick with something.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Those Swedish Matches are particularly expensive, $14.20 for three boxes of 45 on Amazon.com
Actually the Swedish matches I purchased today are 10 boxes for $2.

In Canada 10 boxes of Chinese crapolla in $store costs $1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.