Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Title says it all. Tell us the dumbest thing you’ve ever done.

Only thing I can think of at the moment: I bought 5 Ethereum Tokens when it was about $2,300. So far, that’s worked out terribly.

I’m sure there’s other moronic things. Fortunately I suffer from that disorder where you think unreasonably highly of yourself. But if I have a momentary lapse, I’ll share what I can recall.

Last edited by a moderator:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Drove a Toyota FJ-40 down a 19th century zig-zag ore car railbed cut into the side of a vertical rock wall over a thousand feet high.

Entered it blind. Didn't know if it was blocked, washed out, or etc., and backing up was impossible. That plus the whole slip off the edge thing---it was so narrow that body damage was impossible to avoid---was ten star stupid.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Title says it all. Tell us the dumbest thing you’ve ever done.

Only thing I can think of at the moment: I bought 5 Ethereum Tokens when it was about $2,300. So far, that’s worked out terribly.

I’m sure there’s other moronic things. Fortunately I suffer from that disorder where you think unreasonably highly of yourself. But if I have a momentary lapse, I’ll share what I can recall.
I bought 10 when they were $40 in 2017/18. Sold them about a month later for a small loss because the more research I did, the less confident I became. 😂

• Angry
Reactions: jpmcwjr and dctune

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I bought 10 when they were $40 in 2017/18. Sold them about a month later for a small loss because the more research I did, the less confident I became. 😂
While I’m frustrated now, I do believe it’s going back up. But I’m stuck hodling for now. Gonna be a rocky 24-36 months. I just try to forget about the account.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Not buying Apple stock when it first came out. (I was using Macs from the get-go.)
Hardly moronic, a decision based on what you knew and your experience. Simply a decision to learn from. By the way, I made the same choice you did. But, computer code and computer building were not my forte. I'm a conservative investor. I had friends who jumped into various computer related 8investments and lost sizable sums. Risk versus reward. But still, hardly a moronic activity. Ruing a past decision is simply a waste of time. Hindsight is good for learing but, not for beating oneself up over.