PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
As most can tell by now my pipe collection is extremely eclectic and while I don't do anything to my Morta, Briar and Meerschaum pipes, unless I have had one commissioned, I do take customizing my Corn Cobs and metal pipes, when there are bowls that will fit properly, to a level that not only is pleasing to the eyes it makes them better smokers.
This morning I'm smoking a customized Kirsten model F with a Morta bowl by Don Warren, it is my hope that some day I will get a brandy shaped Morta bowl for the Limited Edition Gold Falcon but it looks, and smokes, pretty well with the highly carved Meerschaum bowl it currently sports.
Still keeping it smokey with some Orlik Golden Sliced, one I open a tin of this I find it hard to stop smoking it until the tin is empty!

banjo
35538231451_9fbff0b807_z_d.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
stvalentine, if they are previously enjoyed estates spend some time taking them apart and giving them a thorough cleaning, the front cap may be seized and if that is the case find some heavy rubber material to use in trying to free it, if that doesn't do it use the rubber with some Channel Locks or another type of gripping pliers so as to not mar the end cap.
Once you get the end cap off the stem and innards will come free and a thin flat blade screwdriver will remove the bowl w/o buggering up the screw. If the bowl needs reaming do it while it is off the pipe. If you decide to ass a customized bowl Don Warren is working on a dozen at the moment of various shapes and material, the Kirsten pipes I own have become cherished smokers, regards.

banjo

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Banjo, oh yes, I´ve been through this myself! Thankfully I have access to a professional ultrasonic cleaner and was bale to loosen that front cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.