Status
Not open for further replies.
So long, go Bandit go...

:(

GG0415_Deliverance_04.jpg

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
The Cannonball Run is the first film that comes to mind when I hear Dead Bert Reynolds's name.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bert is one of those scene stealers. If he's in the frame, you'll usually look at him mostly, for energy and unpredictability. He seemed sort of ageless, but that was his quality. RIP.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
mso: Want to see the supreme scene stealer? McQueen in The Magnificent Seven. He ad libs all sorts of not too subtle movements that drove Brenner nuts during the filming. Shaking the shotgun shells, fiddling with his hat and so forth.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I usually couldn't care less when celebrities pass away, beyond the normal "I'm sorry to hear about that", but I'm actually a little sad with Burt Reynolds dying. I grew up with his movies like Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, and Stroker Ace. :cry:

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Any Deliverance reference brings a chuckle. Also, The Longest Yard is up there as one of my top fave movies...now that I think about, Boogie Nights was a fun one, too. I don't feel any personal loss whenever a celeb dies, but I gotta say he had a funny way about him, and a good, humorous screen presence.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
RIP Burt. As a kid in the '70s I'll always remember him for having made a lot of fun movies.
Deliverance though was probably the only really good movie he was ever in, IMO (at least that I can think of right now).
He was currently filming a role in Tarantino's new movie...I wonder if he completed it.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
This one grabbed me today on the drive home. I know I’m getting older when I hear news like this and it stops me cold.

Dec 24, 2012
This is sad. My late Father was a huge fan and some of my fondest memories were going to see Burt Reynolds movies with him at the Drive-In - Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball run - all those goofy flicks. RIP. I know he was working on the new Tarantino movie in recent weeks and I wonder if all his scenes have already been filmed or whether we might see a digital rendition of him in some scenes,

Status
Not open for further replies.