PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
So a couple of months ago I noticed one of Simon's posts about ridding some of his billiards to make room for some of his preferred cuttys. With a little hesitation and a little reservation, I reached out to him to see if he wanted to sell one of his pipes. Perhaps you might recognize this beauty:

image121-600x450.jpg

As a Dodgers fan dicking around at work I had my girlfriend snap a shot of it, and she insisted on capturing the Giants ornament in the background. Anyhow, as you all can see, the pipe is stunning. She was however a finicky bitch and was giving me a hell of a time. I messaged condorlover1 about the difficulties I was having with her and what does Simon do? He refunds my money, tells me to keep the pipe, and flies 3000 miles across the country just to show me what a piss poor packing job I was doing on it. This guy even had the nerve of insisting on picking up the tab at my own damn bar.

image118-600x450.jpg

I just wanted to give praise and say a big thank you to my buddy Simon. Cheers!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
eightywon:
It seems that the Condor of happiness has alighted upon you, your pipe, and your bar. You are indeed a fortunate man!
I did not realize, however, that his real name (as printed on his calling card shown above) was Fumar mata; I thought that it was Simon...

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I had no idea that Fumar was now giving relationship advice. PM headed your way, Fumar!
Great story and a great photo.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Simon is one of the true treasures to the hobby and mankind. Eccentric? Probably. Gentleman? Undoubtedly. Generous? To a fault. A ripping good time? Count on it.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@drwatson: Most forum guys get their Condor from me although I will not be traveling overseas much this year so I will only be doing it in small quantities for existing friends. If you PM me or add your name to the Universal Imports thread I will see what can be done as I have a few back orders to fill when I get home to NYC on Jan 6th. Thank you for your kind comments. I only spent an hour with Sheldon but it was a wonderful time. I felt like some sort of weird 'Pipe Doctor' popping out of nowhere to solve these antique meerschaum smoking issues before hopping in the Tardis and vanishing off somewhere else! Thank you for a fun evening Sheldon! :)

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Yeah that was a classic photo of Simon, but I want to know where you got the yellow boots? :D

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Simon - please let me know if you have any orders need filling; I'll get them and send them over. I have some numpties staff coming over from NYC in January, so they can take stuff or I can ship it.
Andy

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I'm guessing from the "Fumar Mata" that you're getting your Condor from Spain?
I'm Spanish and more than willing to ship Condor to anyone who asks for it (and is ready to cover the 15$ international shipping fee). I don't smoke the stuff myself, but its widely available in this country.
If anyone wants to try some Condor (of if you, CondorLover, need to replenish your stash given that this year you won't be travelling as much) just PM me and we'll get it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.