PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
This is my recent pipe purchase, a Rossi 8622. I wanted a pipe with a bit wider chamber than what I currently own for flakes. This being my second briar, I wanted something with a bent stem and I also fancied a rusticated finish.

72128375-BE07-427E-AFD3-0B643F9040B7.jpeg

So off to the garden I went to smoke it for the first time with some Carter Hall. A quick charing light and then a re-light, it was time to see how it smoked.

C4D6CA9A-0492-4748-BFA4-C8EB4FA3ADA4.jpeg

It was instant ‘like’! The balance and weight feel just right for me, even though it is on the larger side for my small collection. The draw is very easy and friendly, even with the balsa filter that came with it. Slowly smoking the Carter Hall gave me a very pleasant experience, as I tamed the burn to small wisps, yielding at times almost no smoke, but solid and tasty flavor on the sweet side.

I know Rossi’s are not as finely adorned and finished as other pipes, but it is not a homely specimen and certainly when it comes to the business function of what a pipe should do, this one is definitely a keeper! This maiden voyage was definitely awesome and I am looking forward to trying a flake in it!

Ok, it is early days and sometimes the honeymoon wears off on something over time, but it was memorable enough that this could become my favorite pipe.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my Rossi's, a prince and a yacht, a slightly plainer finish compared to parent company Savinelli pipes, but the same good smoking.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I was t
That’s a nice looking pipe. My first new briar purchase was a Rossi Vittoria 8122 a few months ago, and I enjoy how it smokes.

Nice pipe!

Of the Vittoria line I also considered the 8670, but I wanted a slightly larger bowl and an acrylic stem.

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.