PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thank you! I'll be here all week...

But in all seriousness, @mso489 said something a couple days ago about discovering stuff in the cellar that he didn't even know was there. Same thing happened to me doing a little inventory this weekend, and that's a clear signal to me that I really should hold off on most stuff right now. This one's no exception--after all, I've got at least half a dozen aromatics that have identical or nearly identical flavor profiles. No sense in redundant cellaring, right?

Reactions: Casual and eljimmy

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Thank you! I'll be here all week...

But in all seriousness, @mso489 said something a couple days ago about discovering stuff in the cellar that he didn't even know was there. Same thing happened to me doing a little inventory this weekend, and that's a clear signal to me that I really should hold off on most stuff right now. This one's no exception--I've got at least half a dozen aromatics that have identical or nearly identical flavor profiles. No sense in redundant cellaring, right?
Thats exactly how I feel about all the damn English Blends I have. While I could taste slight differences (sometimes) I could have totally done without a bunch of them. I am not a heavy aromatic smoker so that alone had me hold off on it. Can't miss what I never had so I won't be buying any. lol. I recently fell for Newminster Superior Flake and I rather buy more of that.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I decided to try it out this year after liking their burley based cuban mixture so much. I like the occasional non-goop burley based aro.

Reactions: sandollars

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've gone through 2 units of it over the last 2 years and I still have one more in reserve.

It takes me half the year to use one up, so I will skip this year,as well.

It's a nice blend but it doesn't always call to me.

Just thought the people who often miss out ought to know!

@lonepiper You should add those things and report back with your findings! I do recommend beginning with a cob.....

nnnn

1635812129578.jpeg

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
i smoke a lot of aros and needed an excuse to try some blends from LJP so here we go. got the thanksgiving day cake and an oz of Tashkent and London Flake to try.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
It is a pipesmoking tradition in Boston on Thanksgiving. A burley semi aromatic. Perhaps Peretti original blend with additional topping pressed into an easily breakable cake and packaged in the same way for decades. A bit soapy on first light but pleasantly flavorful. Sadly, for those of us in Boston purchasing it is likely out due to the flavored tobacco ban. It is, however, worth trying.

Reactions: jpmcwjr