PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
First point yes, second is debatable IMO
Sure is. I'm thinking a plaster covered cob probably holds more heat than a raw one. More material = more insulation. There's also more surface area to help diffuse heat on a raw cob too due to it's porous and "rusticated" nature.
Whether or not any of this has a noticeable impact on a person's enjoyment of a bowl is also debatable IMO.

Oh, wait ... hold on ... Do you mean to say that it's debatable whether or not them country girls are more smokin' hot after some plaster surgery than naturally raw and rustic? That's debatable as well.

Reactions: anotherbob

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Legends are the best looking and feeling, in my opinion. I have several and they’re the only cobs I really ever buy, but I also have one of the big Patriots. It’s a good smoker but the walls of the bowl tend to get hot and I’ve gotta hold it by the big rim on top.

C

carolinasmokes

My favorite cob and the only cobs I smoke. I have a local smoke shop that keeps them in stock, along with my two favorite burley blends, Carter Hall and Prince Albert. Every time I go in for a tub of tobacco I pick up a few extra cobs. I have cobs aplenty.