PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
On New Years Eve I posted a picture of my new (to me) meerschaum pipe. I described how I did a small modification of the pipe and that it felt good to have a small win like that as the past year had been a tough one for numerous reasons.

Another member of our forum saw that and reached out to me to offer a tamper that he thought would match well with my new pipe. It was a gift that was intended to begin the new year on a positive note.

I had honestly forgotten about the whole thing, until a mysterious box showed up at my house. Upon opening the box, I saw that there was a meerschaum tamper inside!

However, there was more. Like three fresh tins of tobacco!
It really made my day, and I won’t mention the generous member by name (I don’t know if he wanted this to be public) but I am very grateful. Not just for the “stuff” but for the act of generosity and kindness. What a forum! I hope to find a nice way to repay this at some point.

Anyway, enough blabbing, here is the picture of the tamper and tins I received with my two meerschaums (both estate purchases, I bought them at the same time). I have been looking at small handgun cases so I can put both pipes and the tamper in one box. The tamper goes well with both pipes in my opinion. image.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I have also had the great fortune to have received some gifts from fellow forum members as well. And I am thrilled that people who hardly know you, only virtually, are so generous. It makes me happy to see you happy with that beautiful gift, dear friend. There are good people. I will always be very grateful to receive these gifts. I'm like a 5 year old with my first briar pipe. I never thought it would be the mythical Peterson.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
This is why this community is so great. I've been on other forums on differend kind of subjects and to be honest this forum has the least crap among members. Is it the moderation of it? Maybe, but it still isn't very noticeable to me.

On other tobacco (especially cigars) forums people nuke the hell out of each other mailboxes with bombs (or was it tobacconite), it's truly heartwarming. I've seen box passes among people which the organiser ends up with a lot of tobacco or cigars, waaaaaay more he put in when the box was shipped to the first adressee. Somehow BOTL and SOTL like to care for each other.