PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
Hi all,
New pipe smoker, currently smoking Condor ready rubbed, which I'm really enjoying. Full bodied smoke wakes me up in the morning and sends me to sleep at night. But I know this is only the beginning.
I'm already prepping for my pay-day splurge. I want to ideally buy three tobaccos that will hit the spot. Any more I feel would be overkill for the senses.
I want to know: what's your holy trinity? Your three tobaccos you would take with you when the world ends and you're extradited to Mars.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have more than 50 blends in jars, that randomly get smoked.
You should try different types of tobacco blends, English, Virginia, Virginia/Perique, even aromatics. Once you find what you enjoy, then branch out with what you enjoy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All of the above. I'd add Tabac-Manil Semois thick cut (if you do burley); Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake and English Luxury; and for an aromatic change of pace, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic which is burley based with Virginia and flavored with three liqueurs.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
At the moment it'd be Old Joe Krantz, GH Dark Birds Eye and Savinelli Doblone d'Oro (subject to change depending on how long till lift off).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeiPJaHuoQ

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Now why did I know when I read the OP's post that he was going to get 23,539,083 choices?
Piperbole, just forget what everyone else is telling you and get a tin of Murray's era Dunhill Royal Yacht and parfait it with Five Brothers and you'll be good to go for the rest of your life.

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
Mso - Walter Raleigh has been recommended to me on more than one occasion I believe that might make my list.
Stud - I must admit my plan of having everyone recomment the same three tobaccos kind of backfired.
Its really great to see the variance in answers though, variance is important to me and its fantastic to hear everyone's holy trinity.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, if the question is the three blends I could happily smoke forever, my answer stands. If it's what three blends I think you should get, the answer changes, I think we could all agree to some stalwarts, like a straight VA flake, a medium English, and a burley blend of some sort.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I will list three blends that are part of my cellar and cellared deep.

These are all readily available, no point in listing unobtanium.

Capstan Blue Flake

Escudo

Mac Baren Old Dark Fired.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Capstan Blue

Granger

McConnell London Shag VA.
Don't worry, you'll stockpile your "favorites" now and then in a year, you'll be chasing down something completely different. Onward!

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
Orlik golden sliced,

Rattray's marlin flake

and SG squadron leader.

Mar 29, 2016
J. F. Germain & Son - Germain's Brown Flake

Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) - Escudo Navy De Luxe

G. L. Pease - Abingdon (Classic Collection)

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Tough to choose only 3 but:
Seattle Pipe Club - Plum Pudding Special Reserve

Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co - Dark Flake unscented

Solani - 656 Aged Burley Flake

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Actually, Condor in not the beginning or the end, Condor is alpha and omega. Your good, no need to keep searching, you’ve already found the best.
Okay, more realistically you need to add 1792 Flake, Dark Flake scented , Skiff Mixture and Revor Plug to your rotation but never, never go without Condor... I personally prefer the plug. Another favorite of mine is St. Bruno, it’s in the same ball park as Condor but they have enough differences that they’ve both earned a place in my daily rotation.
Piperbole

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.